ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ ᴏᴘᴀᴛ

markhyuck
side chensung

requested / idea by Bilon2
(sorry it took so long)

when Donghyuck was asked to help become a matchmaker, he wasn't expecting a cute boy to be with him, and making his heart flutter just by smiling

"So you want me to help you get with Chenle?" Donghyuck asked the brunette, called Jisung, who shifted nervously on his seat before nodding.

Donghyuck sighed and groaned internally. He was horrible with love or even giving normal advice, but here he was, trying to get someone he had never spoken to with someone he barely knew. It was all Jeno's fault. Jeno's cute eye smile and adorable way of softly speaking, and the way he somehow managed to convince Donghyuck to do something he would never do.

Jisung, the boy who needed help, apparently had a crush on a guy in his year. The orange haired boy that he liked, who was Chenle, was quite annoying, and frankly Donghyuck didn't know why Jisung even liked him. But Donghyuck was here to help, even though he was actually pretty useless in the area he was working on.

"Have you guys ever spoken?" Donghyuck asked him, taking his phone out and checking through Chenle's social media, which was quite chaotic in his opinion.

"Once or twice maybe." Jisung replied, glancing over to the table his crush was sitting on. There were eight other guys with him, and they seemed to be much older. "We were partners in a class once, we spoke a lot then."

"That's it?" Donghyuck raised his gaze from his screen to Jisung and sighed. How was he supposed to help Jisung get with someone he barely spoke to. "Alright alright, I'll figure something out."

Jisung thanked him, before getting up and leaving. Donghyuck sat alone on the lunch table and waited for the bell to ring. Thankfully, he had a free period, so he was the only one left in the cafeteria. Him and one other.

"Hey." The raved haired male said, as he took the seat opposite Donghyuck. "What were you and Jisung talking about?"

"Are you friends with him?" Donghyuck countered, knowing that he can't just tell anyone about Jisung's big crush on Chenle, otherwise he would've already failed his job.

"Yeah, now why were you guys talking?" The guy said, leaning forwards in his seat and narrowing his eyes in attempt to look intimidating. But honestly all Donghyuck could think was that he was cute.

"I'm gonna help him get with his crush." Donghyuck answered, and his voice seemed a lot more confident than it was meant to be, however it pleased the person sitting opposite him.

"Good luck." He laughed, sitting back in his seat and then fiddling with his fingers. "We've been trying to months to get Jisung to confess to Chenle, but he's too much of a wimp."

A wave of silence washed over them, and they both awkwardly avoided eye contact. A thought crossed Donghyuck's mind, and without any hesitation he asked,

"Do you wanna help me with Mission OPAT?" The boy's eyes widened, before he flashed a small (and extremely adorable in Donghyuck's opinion) smile before nodding.

"Mission OPAT? And I'm Mark, by the way." He introduced himself sticking his hand out and saying his name so proudly, as if it was the best name ever. Donghyuck glanced down at his hand before taking it into his own.

"Mission Opposite attract. I'm Donghyuck."

-