Chapter 2: Hold My Hand

Start from the beginning

Looking closer, Elizabeth realized she had been stabbed all the way through her torso, just below her heart, so the sword stuck out of her back.

"How unfortunate," Elizabeth said to herself, "You must have died following that fool, Michael. I pity you, child." Just as she was getting ready to turn the boat back to the shore, she realized the woman was still breathing. Impossible!

Curious, she grabbed a life jacket and slid into the water. Swimming over to where the woman floated, she placed the life jacket around her cold body.

Eventually, she managed to drag the woman back onto her boat. Gasping for breath, Elizabeth moved the hair out of her face, revealing the her identity.

She gasped. It couldn't be. She wanted to throw her right back into the ocean, but something stopped her. This was Katelyn, the daughter she'd abandoned over twenty years ago. She recognized her despite her being so much older now. While she felt no connection towards her, she did have a forever potion in her blood...

This meant she could prove useful, especially if Michael failed. Elizabeth decided to bring Katelyn back to shore and give her first aid. From there, she'd have enough time to determine whether Michael had succeeded and whether to keep her alive.

After giving her first aid, it became apparent that Michael had indeed failed. The Celestial Cannon had fallen from the sky not long after they reached the shore. She sighed.

He should've just taken the soul of the Ultima. He would have succeeded had he just listened to her. But no matter, she was still here, and now she had a plan B. Picking Katelyn up, she carried her first born daughter back to her beach house.

When she arrived home, she was met by a worried looking Stella. By now, everyone's souls had returned to their bodies, further confirming Michael's defeat. The only reason he hadn't taken Elizabeth's was because she was useful to him.

"What's going on?" Her other daughter asked, "And who...Why is she here?"

"This is Katelyn," Elizabeth answered, pushing past her and heading towards the basement, "And she needs immediate medical attention." She quickly elected not to tell Stella that Katelyn was her sister, at least not yet. She wouldn't tell her anything about her or how she found her until she felt it was important.

"O-oh." Stella replied, closing the door. She followed her mother down to the basement, wanting to know what was going on. But she had also recognized Katelyn; she knew exactly who she was, and she liked her. She didn't trust her mother with someone so kind.

As Elizabeth tended to Katelyn's wound, Stella held her hand.

"You don't need to do that, she isn't conscious, and even if she were it wouldn't matter," Her mother told her. She said nothing. She knew how painful Katelyn's wound must be, and it made her feel like she was helping in some way.

She knew if it were her in that situation, she'd want someone to hold her hand. So she did just that.

Stella spent a large majority of the next two days in the basement with Katelyn and her mother. Since the wound was so bad, her mother needed to pay careful attention to it to make sure it wasn't infected. Still, it was very lucky it wasn't worse. The sword hadn't touched any of her vital organs, miraculously.

But then Stella received a call from her best friend, Tristan. His mother had been in a surfing accident and she felt she needed to visit them. She knew she shouldn't leave Katelyn, but Mrs. Cove was important to her. She had to go.

So she did.

::::::::

Now Stella stood outside of her house. She'd only been gone an hour, at most. But she felt bad, as if she'd abandoned a family member in their time of need. Of course she hadn't known Katelyn very long and didn't think she was related to her, but it bothered her.

Plus, she wanted to tell her that she'd seen her boyfriend in the hospital, and that he seemed like he was going to be okay. She couldn't though, because she wasn't awake yet.

As Stella came inside, it occurred to her that it may have been a good idea to tell someone, anyone that her mother was tending to a girl with a stab wound in her basement. But knowing her mother, she most likely wouldn't live long enough to finish her sentence. Elizabeth had eyes everywhere, especially when it came to her daughter.

She put it out of her mind, pressed a button, walked down the now revealed stairs to the basement, and held Katelyn's hand again as her mother continued treating her.

A/n: So that was chapter two! In case it wasn't clear, the second part was a flashback. Elizabeth found Katelyn after she fell of the cannon and brought her home to treat her wounds.

Also, what do you think about the introduction of my OC, Stella? She's Elizabeth's daughter, like Katelyn. I can't reveal anything else about her backstory yet though.

Until next time!