Fractured: Captured

Warnings: Blood (specifically blood magic, but the blood itself is heavily present)

As soon as the darkness of her cell came into focus, Amisty grabbed a chain and banged it against the bars. It rattled, the force of it jittering up her arms, the sound hollow, but it was loud.

And, judging by the footsteps creaking overhead, it had been heard.

"Hey, Luna," Amisty said, hitting the bars again before letting the chain fall with a clatter. "If something goes wrong, promise me you'll tell everyone goodbye for me?"

"Nothing's going to go wrong, Amisty," Luna said softly. "You're going to be okay."

Amisty smiled. Only a little, bittersweet and pessimistic. "Just in case."

"I'm not promising anything," Luna said, "because you're going to be okay."

"Luna—"

"You can argue all you want." An edge to her words. Biting and stubborn, all underneath an illusion of softness. "I won't."

The door down the hall flung open with a crash, muttered curses about the 'bloody Wolf Born' and 'not one bit of quiet in this damned house.'

"Okay," Amisty said, quieter as the silhouette of Rabastan Lestrange rounded the corner. "I'll see you soon, then."

Luna hummed. "Yeah. That sounds better."

"What?" Lestrange snapped.

Amisty drew herself up, lifting her chin to keep her voice from trembling. "Tell Bellatrix I know how to break the Life Bond."

Twenty minutes later, Amisty was sitting on her heels in the center of the drawing-room surrounded by Death Eaters, trying not to let her agitation show. She should've known asking for a knife wouldn't have gone over well, but how else was Blood Magic going to work without a way to draw blood.

"Are you sure about this?" Draco murmured, pose mirroring hers, clad in ebony and silver buttons. He'd looked better, but he'd also looked far, far worse, so Amisty was willing to count this as favorable.

Narcissa and Bellatrix were arguing, the former much more restrained than her sister. Amisty had never been fond of Bellatrix's dulcet tones, but if anything, the cover was nice.

"She's a liar, Cissy—!"

"She's the only one who knows how to break the Bond."

"I don't have much of a choice," Amisty said out of the corner of her mouth, glancing out the window. The sun had mostly risen by now, chasing away the last bits of navy blue, painting the sky in oranges and reds to give way for the crystalline blue.

It'd been so long since she'd seen the sky.

"We're wasting time."

Pale brows drew down, a line furrowing. He'd always been good at reading what she hadn't said aloud. "Amisty—"

"Give Draco the knife," she said, speaking over him. "So he'll keep it, and I'll only ask for it when I need to use it."

Bellatrix snarled. "What makes you think—?"

"And you'll stay put?" Narcissa said instead.

"Yes." Amisty nodded. "I'll explain everything I'm doing. . ." She swallowed, pursed her lips. "For as long as I'm able."

Imperceptibly, Draco stiffened, his eyes boring holes into the side of Amisty's head. She didn't spare him a glance, resolve suppressing her guilt, holding Narcissa's gaze, and hoping she believed her.