Hagrid's Secret: Year 5

Once the chaos had died down -- barely, more like Peeves had sped through unscrewing the chandeliers so it had been a while to hear a crash and bang in the corridors -- Amisty started using her glass wolf again.

Dear Draco,

For starters, I absolutely swear that I had nothing to do with Pansy sprouting antlers a few days ago. I promise. Ish. Sorry. But not really. Anyway, I'd wish you luck on your match against Hufflepuff but if you do win Gryffindor has no chance of winning the House Cup. Sorry. For real, this time. I hope you do wonderfully in the game itself, though, and that your Seeker skills are as quality as usual. Maybe you'll pull a Viktor Krum and catch the Snitch but lose the game. Am I being overly mean? I think so, I'm sorry. Third time this letter, new record.

I'll write you soon, Amisty

Her writing was small and cramped on a tiny slip of parchment, and she had to be awfully careful when it came to delivering it.

"Okay," She whispered, partly to herself as she leaned down and placed the wolf on the floor under the guise of picking up her napkin. "Go now!"

The wolf wagged its tail and nudged her hand before racing across the floor of the Great Hall to the Slytherin table. For the first time in her life, Amisty wished that the tables were closer together.

"That was incredibly unsubtle," Hermione whispered out of the corner of her mouth, smiling faintly.

"Shut up!" Amisty hissed, elbowing her. "Don't make me get caught!"

"It's not super noticeable," Hermione replied. "I'm serious! Just... your figurines are really... well, shiny."

"They're also fast," Amisty countered, picking up the emerald dragon that had scampered back with her wolf in tow. "No one saw but you."

Hermione rolled her eyes.

Dear Amisty,

Completely unhelpful and useless pep talk, thank you very much. You're ridiculous. I hope your hands have healed properly, and that you've managed to keep out of detention for the rest of the year. Those chocolates were supposed to help, and I do think they did considering you seem to be in such a good mood.

Hope to steal that Cup from you, Draco

»»————- ♡ -————««

The Hufflepuffs beat the Slytherins in the Quidditch game.

Draco was very bitter and blamed his performance on the fact that Amisty wasn't in the stands, even though he had actually done very well from what she had heard in the hallways. Amisty, even though she refrained from talking about it, couldn't help but gloat a bit since the Gryffindors had a -- slim -- chance of actually winning the House Cup once they went up against the Ravenclaws. To be perfectly honest, Amisty had absolutely no clue how the Hufflepuffs had won but the Ravenclaws were the ones to play in the final game, but she kept to herself considering Hazel was now known to burst out in rants about Quidditch at the mere mention of the word. Angelina had taken a liking to her.

The morning of the match, Ron seemed to have found a new viewpoint on the whole situation with his goalkeeping abilities.

"I mean, I can't get any worse, can I?" He offered numbly, stirring his porridge around in his bowl. "Nothing to lose now, is there?"

Amisty frowned and pushed a slice a bacon closer to him.

"You know," Hermione commented lightly as they walked down to the pitch in the middle of a very chattery crowd, "I think Ron might do better without Fred and George around. They never exactly gave him a lot of confidence..."