Chapter 23

They say It's not easy To move on , but one must keep trying to stay strong.
I know without you it's not the same and That's why I must change.

"Mom?" I say waiting for an answer.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" She says alarmed.

"Yes I'm fine I swear , I just need to know . I realized that I don't really know what happened.. I just need closure." I say ready to face my fears.
Mom sighs and walks by my side and sits next to me. She takes a deep breath and begins to talk.

"After the funeral , a man came by my office related to the family of the person who was in the accident with your dad"

"He came saying his condolences then he asked if I need anything like compensation "she says and exhales.

"I told him that I don't want anything ,and I want nothing to do with the family " mom says sternly.

"Did you know the family or who was the person?"I ask curiously.

"No I didn't ask about them. All I knew from the morgue that the person who was in the car was dead. The information about the family was confidential the hospital didn't let me access it "

"Why?"

"I don't know they must be VIP's , but it didn't bother me. I didn't care about that person. He was already dead and that was enough"
I sigh and rest my head on mom's shoulder .

"It's okay bella , I know collin wouldn't have wanted it any other way than moving on "

"I know yeah " I say embracing the fact.

At that moment The door opens revealing Marco with grocery bags.
"Pronto señoritas " he says smiling closing the door behind him .

Mom and I promptly fix ourselves so Marco doesn't notice our gloomy mood.
"What's with the grocery bags what did you get ?" I ask eyeing the bags.

"I'm going to make you an amazing meal " he says and places the ingredients in front of us.

"You only have to watch senoriats as I will begin cooking the most incredible meal you'll ever eat" he says with glorification.

"Hey , just know that you're talking to an excellent chef here too. There will be a very challenging competition indeed " I say with pride.

"Oh I'm nothing compared to you bella.. " he says and I smile in triumph.

"I'm far too professional " he continues and mom laughs.

"Well I've to sleep now but I'd definetly eat it tomorrow morning before I leave "

"But Kate" Marco whines.

"I promise first thing in the morning , I'm so tired from the shift I had today " mom says drained.

"Okay you're excused " Marco says kindly.

"Goodnight mom" I say and blow her a kiss.

"So what are you going to cook Marco?" I say testing his waters.