# 17

{ S E V E N T E E N }

Arjun gave a tired yawn as he just completed his assignment. 3:50 am time by his watch.
Yes this was the hour when either the legends wake up or the legit legends go to sleep. You now who you are.

He sighed as his roommate Bhavesh kept on snoring. Arjun had complaint him many times about his habit bit every time Bhavesh would refuse to belive it .

' Nahi I don't do such things. It must be Yeghkom . '

This guy was another roommate of Arjun who was aisin 4th year. In these four years there was no such teacher who could pronounce his name correctly. Yenghkom Angmo , a native of of Manipur.
Mr. Vardhan had given him a nickname - ' Yeng' or as he pronounced as ' Young ' during the class attendence. At this poor Yeng would frown, bitting his lower lip and his tiny eyes almost closing. As if this wasn't enough, the whole class would giggle at this making him turn his cheeks pink.

Eight months more and then he will miss these moments. Moreover he will miss her.

Arjun stretched towards the bed, to get his phone, unlocked it ,opened insta ,started scrolling untill he was staring at the story : world's best mango shake - MMS.

Arjun sighed again but this time his lips curved into a smile. He's definitely gonna miss these moments ; if he doesn't build them. Eight months and then he don't know what's waiting next.

If not now, it would be never.

All these years he waited, waited for her to initiate but maybe it went to long.

It's now or never.

- - ✉ - -

Darshan lay on his bed. Too lazy to wake up and too awake to go back to sleep. He rolled to the edge of the bed, with his hands dangling down.
He traced his fingers on the cold floor. Slowly his fingers reached the side table, gripping the phone.

In the dawn light , phone's screen flashing on his face, somehow he managed to read the whatsapp message sent by his mom. Following the good morning message was a picture of there figures smiling celebrating janmashtami.

How much he missed his family. He missed being with them .

Somewhere this hostel felt like a prison to him. He being the criminal who didn't even knew what crime he committed that he had to come here in a place like hell. Not that he was bullied here, he was actually grateful enough to have found such amazing people whom he could call as his friends.

But he was a free spirit bird who was meant to fly not to be caged in.

But of course as Darshan's dad used to say - ' tum akele thhodi ho ? Hazaaro log jaate hai college , khuch banne ke liye. Mess ka indigestible food , weekends pr ghar na ana sabke problems hai . Tum akele thhodi ho. '

Maybe , maybe he was not the only one who couldn't digest mess's inedible food but maybe he's the only one who came to a college not to fulfill his dreams but his dad's greed.

Gulping in, He picked up the call.

" Soya nahi ?" The lady on the other side asked.

" Abhi utha hoon." Darshan replied resting his head under his arm.

"Kya hua joh tujh jaise kubhkaran ko neend nahi ayi ?" The lady mocked.