# 2

{ TWO }

- - ⚜ - -

A neon mountaineer bike stopped with a halt in front of the grand, ivy-clad gates of St. Maria College. The hum of the engine ceased, and a quietness fell over the scene. Riding the bike was a guy in a dark hoodie, the fabric obscuring his face from view. With a heroic flourish, he pulled the hood back, revealing a youthful, handsome visage that seemed to belong more in a movie than in real life. His eyes were a deep caramel brown, full of curiosity and confidence, and they scanned the college grounds with an almost cinematic intensity. His jawline was sharp and well-defined, perfectly complementing his athletic physique. Every feature on his face, every contour of his body, screamed perfection.

This striking figure was none other than Darshan Raval.

His life had always been a tapestry of indulgence and ease, woven together by the wealth and status of his family. Despite being a tad spoiled, his charm and easygoing nature made him endearing to those around him. His attitude towards life was laid-back, enjoying every moment as it came, much like Kabir from the movie "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani." But while Kabir had a passion for travel, Darshan's heart beat for photography. Capturing the world through his lens was what made him feel alive.

His phoned pinged with a notification and be craned his neck down to look at it.

Dad, 8:40 am
It's your first day, remember to reach college on time.

Darshan sighed, the brief moment of irritation quickly dissipating. It was his first day at the college, though he was entering as a third-year student. The transfer had been a strategic move, orchestrated by his father in the hopes that a change of scenery might ignite a serious interest in engineering. Darshan, on the other hand, saw it as a fresh canvas for his photographic pursuits.

After dismounting from his bike, he looked around for a spot to park. Finding a space he was about to secure his bike when a voice call out.

"Abey oye!"

Darshan turned sharply at the sound of the commanding voice. Before him stood a group of four, with the lead member- Arjun Kanungo, appearing almost larger than life. Towering at six feet, his presence was imposing, with a chiseled physique that hinted at countless hours spent in the gym. His chocolate brown eyes bore into Darshan with an intensity that was hard to ignore.

"Yeh mera parking area hai." Arjun declared, his tone dripping with arrogance.

He wasn't just any student; he was the president of the student Council, making him the most popular guy at St. Maria College. Known for his fiery temper and towering ego, he carried an air of authority that few dared to challenge.

Arjun excelled in everything he touched. He was the college topper, an all-rounder who could dominate on the sports field, ace academic tests, and charm girls with equal ease. His ambition was straightforward: to become an engineer and make his family proud. Power and recognition were his ultimate goals, and he pursued them with a single-minded determination. Despite his tough exterior, there was a softer side to him, a heart capable of empathy and kindness, though it was often hidden beneath layers of stone-like resilience.

Darshan, unfazed by the confrontation, replied coolly, "Well, can't see your name written here."

Arjun's eyes flashed with irritation at Darshan's nonchalant response. He stepped closer, his imposing figure casting a shadow over the newcomer. "I don't need my name written down for people to know it's mine," he growled, his voice low and threatening.

Darshan met his gaze steadily, not backing down an inch. "Maybe so, but I'm not just 'people,'" he replied calmly. "I'm Darshan Raval. And I park where there's space."