# 38

Chapter is not edited

{ T H I R T Y - E I G H T }

- - ⚜- -

Heer wrapped the yellow coloured handmade paper, around the box. She personally loved handmade sheets. They were recycled or foraged, never bought. And gave much better aesthetic look than those shining gift wrapping sheets. 

Back at home, she would have made them by herself. Tearing the papers of her old used registers and then crushing them in a mixer grinder. Soaking the paper plum in water and adding her own choice colours. These were more happy memories for her, than standing in a crowded stationary shop and picking the most suitable coloured sheet chart.

Making sure that she had rightly wrapped the box, Heer held it together in a ribbon making a bow on top. A satisfactory smile played on her lips, as she placed the box aside and picked another handmade paper, following the same steps as before.  She had taken the responsibility of decoration and other necessary arrangements for the farewell. Though, none of the group members were with her, she had been alloted a team of students who just like her preferred to work backstage.

Putting the last box aside, Heer pushed the chair and stood up. She bent down and started picking the paper left outs. She heard the squeaky sound of the shoes and involuntarily let out a sigh.

" Yaar I didn't knew people love me so much." Darshan plopped himself on a chair nearby, throwing his bag on the table. Heer immediately ran to save the gift boxes from falling. She glared at him, who returned it with his apologetical grin.

" Matlab, even those students are coming and telling me that they will miss me, joh mere 'hi' ka bhi reply nahi dete thhe. And imagine Ms. Poulita saying that I would always remain her notorious student. Unbelievable right??" He let out laugh.

It had been a week, since the news of Darshan getting KM University's scholarship spread across the college. And since then, he was on cloud nine. It was actually surprising that in such short period of time, he had made a special place in the college. ' The photographer of St.Maria ' was what they called him. The more surprising part was that the student association had decided to give him farewell, with the final year students. 

Heer watched him as he went on speaking. Saying that she was happy for him would be an understatement. Only she knows how much she had prayed for this dream of his to come true. Only she knows how hard it was for her to give up her favourite nan-khatai. Finally she could have them now. Only she knows how she had stopped herself from not crying that day. Only she knows about that an unknown feeling that had churned up inside her. Was it something similar to an uncertain fear? A pain before losing someone? A sadness of being all alone?

" Heer are you listening?" Darshan's voice bought her back to the reality. 

" huh... Did you say something?" She blinked her eyes.

" I said that now you also should take that web designing internship. Ab toh tumhe scholarship bhi mil gayi hai na." He said. 

Heer looked down at the paper cutouts in her hand. It was true that she had wanted a position in the IC Web design competition only to get a scholarship. But still, she was unsure. She couldn't take the whole decision all by herself, and she was not ready to break this news to her father. The last time she had tried, it had went all wrong. What if this time as well things go against her. 

" Main toh kahta hoon, hum dono hi bhag chalte hai. It's much more easier than explaining the whole concept of passion and career to your parents. " Darshan's words made her look up at him.