# 29

{ T W E N T Y - N I N E }
- - ⚜️ - -

The sunlight streams golden through the window in a well mannered announcement of the risen sun. Slowly opening her eyes, Heer strained them towards the hotel room's window. The curtains added an orange glow to the morning light, every morning a perfect sunrise.
She reached her hand out to the fabric of the curtain, noticing how up close the light pours through every open space between fibres. The material was warm beneath her fingers, and when the sun floods the room, painting the colours anew, Heer felt a little of those golden rays soak into her skin.

Heer heard some noises outside her room. Must be the hotel workers, she thought to herself. She looked at the quilt cover, the blanket of night felt like protection to Heer and the light of the day spooky. It layed everything bare, naked, free for all to probe with their eyes. Sometimes Heer wondered if she would remember how to speak if she opened her mouth to say more than the customary nods and grunts. Heer was much conserved than it was required and she knew it. But lately things had changed a little. She was not only smiling but laughing till her her stomach ached. And it all had happened because of these five people she was out on a trip with.

Removing the quilt , Heer wrapped a shawl around her and walked out of the hotel room. She was toiling around , outside the hotel, when she saw Inaya gazing at the sky.

Inaya was sitting on a traditional round cane chair, commonly known as Mudda, her hands wrapped around the warm mug. She was glad that she carried sachets of hot chocolate. Sitting under the warmth of sun , admiring the beauty of nature, sipping hot chocolate is what Inaya called peace. Somewhere she was dying to get some inner peace. And this trip was making that magic. Somewhere the snowy mountains, the hot chocolate mug , all gave a feeling of peace and serenity. That unknowingly Inaya's soul was craving for.
In that broad daylight was a sense of serenity, a peace that invited itself into the soul and made itself at home for Inaya. She felt someone sitting next to her on the grass that was still wet.

" Damn!" Heer cursed, as she felt the cold , wet grass on her skin. Inaya chuckled and took a sip from her mug.

" Don't tell me you were watching k-drama the whole night." Heer asked. She knew that Inaya would have hot chocolate only on the days she needed to stay awake.

" Only till one." Inaya replied . " And chill, I just felt like having some. Neend mein jhoom nahi Rahi hoon main."

They both sat there, embracing the silence. Inaya was gazing at the sun while Heer was busy plucking the grass. She watched how the dew drops skidded down the leaves. The dew was effortlessly following the curves of the earth. Just as when it was made anew in wintry whiteness, Heer turned to see the gentle imprints of her feet, whispering the direction of her journey.

" Thanks though !" Heer said softly.

Inaya titled her head to her right side, facing Heer and raised her brow.

" For this trip." Heer smiled.

" Worth coming right?" Inaya asked. Heer nodded in return.

" Toh saali pichle ek saal se kah rahe hai ki kahin chalte hai. You were the party pooper. " They heard Aarushi walking towards the duo.

She sat down next to Heer and let out a cursed cry while the other two laughed at her situation.

" One year ago, Arjun wouldn't have been here with us." Heer said in her defence.

" Coming to that, the boys are still asleep right?" Inaya asked.

They all looked at each other with a smirk on their lips.