# 37

{  T H I R T Y - S E V E N  } 

- - 🍁- - 

Heer paced around in front of the cab, waiting for Arjun. She fidgeted with her fingers, and made clicking sounds from her knuckles. She would always became nervous or anxious when she was about to do something big, and today she couldn't make a mistake. Checking the contents of the file once again, she opened the cab door to put it back. She gave an apologetical smile to a startled Mr.Vardhan and stood outside the car once again. Licking her upper lip, she looked at her watch, 9:45 am. What's taking Arjun so long? She thought to herself. 

Today was the day, Heer had been waiting for almost a year now. Today was the day that could change her life,  the event that could bring a huge change in her life decision. Today was the  finale of IC Web Design Contest. Today was the day, when Heer felt the most vulnerable. Once again her emotions were overpowering her. She hesitated because she needed to get this right first time, the consequences of an error would forever haunt her. She felt like running away, not because she didn't want this, but she wanted it so much that she was scared to mess it up. 

She heard a sound and instantly wrapped her arms around her stomach. Due to the competition stress, she didn't had her breakfast. Resting her body on the car, Heer took the paper out, that Darshan had given her in the morning. She opened it to find a jim-jam inside. Involuntarily a smile appeared on her face. Twisting the biscuit, she opened it and was about to lick the cream but stopped as her eyes fell on the wrapped paper. Inside the blue coloured paper, She found something scribbled on it. 

🌿Heer

God knows best, you are an amazing web designer. I'm not saying it because I'm your friend, but because, I have seen your designs. Maybe you are not the best, but also, ain't the worst. The way you bring out emotions through your designs, no body else can do that. Shayad iss waqt you might feel like running away... But DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO RUN. Kyuki kisi ne Kahan thha that life na sirf khuch hi chances deti hai. And the rule being- either take it or leave it. You have your chance in front of you. Now the right decision is, to take the step forward. Remember the reason why you wanted to be a part of this team, Heer. And don't look back. 

Baba Raval ka pravachan end karte hue, I now allow you to eat that Jim-Jam for good luck. 

YOU GONNA ROCK IT!!

Tumhara Priya

 Baba Raval 🌿

Heer stared at the piece of paper with moist eyes and a big grin on her face. She couldn't understand this person. He could make someone laugh and cry at the same time. The only thing that surprised her was the fact that even though she never told him, Darshan knew how much winning this competition meant to her. She took a bite from the biscuit, when she saw Arjun a distance away. 

He smiled at her, the way one does when they're masking nervousness. Her eyes fell on a similar blue paper wrap, clutched in his hand and despite the cold day Heer couldn't help but feel warmed.

🍁•🍁•🍁

Aarushi was sitting on an empty see-saw. It was day time and their classes were over. She watched, Inaya laughing as Armaan pushed her in a way that she would swing forward and then come back only to be pushed again with more force. Darshan on the other hand had climbed on the highest slide, and was ready to go down. He had closed his eyes before loosing his hands from the side rods.

They were waiting for Heer and Arjun and having nothing to do around, Darshan had suggested with the idea of hanging around the children park. Thankfully there was no one around, apart from some local people who seemed busy enough to not notice these 'big children.'