unavailable;

[IWAIZUMI]

It's been two months since Oikawa went back tot he States to continue his studies. He sends me text messages everyday to the point that it's as annoying as when he personally bugs me all the time. But, even if that's the case, I surely do miss him. I want to see him soon...

"Iwaizumi-san, it's warmup time."

"Y-yeah, I gotcha."

Ever since Oikawa's departure with us, I became the captain of the team. With all the college entrance exams, and all the other stuff happening to our lives as third years, I began to be stressed and the times I could reply to Oikawa was limited. He spams a lot of messages though, and I appreciate that. I try to call him when I get home from practice but he says he's at class so that's out of the question now. I wish I could reply to him and he could reply to me as well and our conversation will just keep going on and on. I would love that.

"Line up!" Coach shouted and we all lined up for announcements.

"Hey, Stupid-kawa—."

I called, but I suddenly flinched. "Ah, our captain is lonely without his other half~ what must we do?" Matsukawa said and I grunted. "It's just out of habit." I told them and Hanamaki chortled. "It seems like our captain is a mega tsundere! Much more than our previous captain." He said and I glared at him. "He is not your 'previous' captain. He is still captain, much better than I would ever be." I told them and they both looked at each other. "No need to get mad bro. We're just having fun." Hanamaki said. "Well, I'm not." I mumbled and they glanced at me and got quiet. I'm getting really flustered today huh.

"Ehem, so as you all are aware, the third years will be graduating in two weeks time. New set of positions will be submitted by the captain and the vice captain this week." Coach said and I flinched yet again. I remember when Oikawa and I were the ones in line to be captain and vice. He held his head high as he was given the captain position and I was staring at him, proudly. That's when I knew Oikawa will be the best captain in the history of Aoba Johsai men's volleyball team. I was there when it happened and I supported him all throughout.

"That's all for today's meeting. Clean up the court before you all leave." Coach said and then left.

I looked at him as he went, but then I had something to ask him. "Coach, wait up!" I called out to him and he looked back at me. "Ah, Hajime-kun. What's wrong?" He asked and I hesitated to say but I gulped my hesitation down. "I—I'm actually interested in majoring in physical education. Most likely being a volleyball coach just like you." I said and Coach suddenly teared up. "Hajime-kun you are such a sweet boy! Most people would look down upon sport coaches but what you said certainly made me prouder of my job! What made you want to teach volleyball?" He asked and I bit my lip. "Well, I just love volleyball and I want to inspire others to like it as well. It's a very important thing to me. I want to be able to share volleyball to others. It's something Oikawa and I have shared for a long time, you see. I just want others to see how much important it is for me too." I said and coach patted my shoulder.

"I see. You are going to make a great coach, Hajime-kun. I am proud." He said and then left. I guess I can tell Oikawa about this today! We have something to talk about!

I hurried tot he gym lockers to get my phone from my bag but when i tried to call him, nobody was answering. I think he's asleep. I'm just going to spam him messages. I'm sure by the time I get to bed he'll read it and reply back. It's not like I need to wake up early tomorrow. I just want to talk with him.

It's almost past 1 am, but there's still no answer from Oikawa. Japan and USA ohave a 13-hour difference in time so it must be like 12 pm at most? I don't get why he's not replying. I hate my thoughts right now. I sound so clingy and obsess, it's infuriating! I just want to talk with him and tell him about how my day has been and he'll tell me all about his. I'm really like a high school girl in a shoujo manga. It's disgusting but, I have to admit— love does make you crazy. Ahhh, Hajime! You can do this! Just call him again!

This might be my 30th phone call but I hope he answers.

Ring.

Answer me, Oikawa, you stupid shit.

Ring.

Come on...answer!

Ring.

This makes me so anxious, please universe, make him answer his goddamn phone.

The ringing suddenly stopped.

"Shitty-kawa! Finally you—!"

"I'm sorry, but the number you dialled is unavailable at the moment."

Ha...I gotta stop trying so hard. Time difference is not any better than a long distance relationship anyway. I've known it from the start, it's impossible to work. We're both busy and unavailable so calling is a no-go. Sometimes we'd be lucky to be able to chat and talk for minutes. That's fine by me. Oikawa will call soon, I just have to go to bed. That's right, he'll call...

Ring!!!

"HELLO!" I answered quickly.

"Iwa-chan? I got 58 messages and 31 calls, are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened?" Oikawa sounds so worried. That makes me so happy... "No, I'm fine. Rather, I just wanted to talk to you." I said, getting embarrassed. "Iwa-chan, you made my heart flutter! I feel so shy!" He said. "He-Hey! Don't be a wuss. I'm getting embarrassed too." I told him and he chuckled. "I miss you a lot." He said and there was a second of silence. We're so embarrassed, what's up with this mood?

"I miss you too." I told him and he somehow squealed within his breath.

"You are seriously too cute! So what was it that you want to talk about?"

Oikawa and I chatted for hours, that it was almost daytime where I was at. I forgot I have afternoon training today, what the heck. It's fine though, I miss him and I wanted to talk to him a little longer. I told him how I want to take up an Education degree so I could teach sports, and coach a school volleyball team in the near future. He supported me and told me all about his time in America these past two months. Everything's looking up. I can't believe I doubted in him. I doubted us.

But there are no longer any doubts. Far away from each other or not, I love talking to him. We're getting there, slowly but surely.

———————
Iwa-chan screams at long distance. NoOOoO