Asanoya One Shot: Go Out With Me!

Hi, I'm Asahi, the ace of the men's volleyball club of Karasuno High School. I'm currently being blocked by a tight situation and I couldn't get out of it. The situation I'm referring to is Nishinoya Yuu, a friend of mine who is a tad bit smaller than I am.

"Asahi-san."

I flinched. "Y-yes, Nishinoya-kun?" I asked, smiling. He glared at me. "You haven't responded to my question yet." He said and I trembled. I dislike being cornered like this, but if it's a friend of mine I guess I wouldn't fight this... "What was the question again...?" I asked, trying to act dumb. Nishinoya grabbed me by the collar and pulled me towards him.

"I asked if you want to go out with me!" He asked, with determination igniting in his eyes. This is so troublesome.

"Well..." I said and he clenched his fists, pulling my collar tighter.

"I won't take no for an answer!" Nishinoya shouted. Then why did you ask me a question then... Nishinoya-kun you're confusing. "Okay then, I guess." I finally agreed then he let go of me. "Great! You and I should go home together after training!" He said then ran off. He just left me here with my collar all wrinkly now. What sort of trouble did I get myself into now...?

I went back to the classroom, and saw Daichi and Sugawara talking casually. "Hey, guys." I said, acting all gloomy. They were both shocked and asked me if I was okay. I didn't know what to respond so I just sighed. "Asahi, you usually draw mantras on your hand if you're gloomy. Is what you're feeling so bad?" Suga-san asked. "I got a lover now, I think." I said and they looked at each other. "Congratulations Asahi! But why do you look so discontent? Is she not what you expected?" Daichi asked and I shook my head.

"It's a man."

They didn't say anything but instead pat me on the back. "What's wrong with that, then?" Daichi asked. "It's a man, isn't it not normal?" I asked them. They laughed and Sugawara punched my back slightly. "Boy or girl, what does it matter? As long as they are good at playing volleyball, right?" He said and Daichi smacked him. "Who are you, Kageyama?" They joked and I laughed. What does it matter huh...

After training, Nishinoya quickly grabbed me by the hand and we took our things as we go home. I didn't even have the time to change my clothes. "Nishinoya-kun, I'm sweaty can we change our clothes first?" I asked him and he ignored me. "Nishinoya-kun—." I called again and he looked at me. "If we changed our clothes, we would have less time to walk with each other then!" He said and I blushed. That was a cute mindset.

"Well if we go home in a hurry, then we'll have less time together, don't you think?" I asked.

He paused for a moment and then slapped his forehead. "Ugh! I'm so stupid, why didn't I think that?" He told himself and I chuckled.

I grabbed his hand and looked him directly in the eye. God, this is making me nervous. "Nishinoya-kun, to be honest, I don't think we should date for now." I told him and he glanced away from me. "I know that. I'm sorry I tried to pull you in a forceful relationship. I—." I pulled him in a tight hug. "Well, I do want to get to know you first, and you to get to know me as well. Can we do that?" I asked him and he grinned, possibly the biggest grin I saw on anyone's face.

"I'd like that!"

———————
this asanoya fan fic is so soft, and i leave the ending up to you guys. I felt like them being together in the end would be soooo fast-paced so, two friends getting to know each other first before becoming an item is the trope im going for, although an open-ended ending.