DaiSuga Oneshot: Goodbye

Daichi and I have been together for almost three years when we were just starting in the same volleyball club. I'm Sugawara Koshi, and I like to describe myself as Dai's best friend. I would also describe Daichi as this headstrong kid who didn't know anything about volleyball until he joined the club in our freshman year.

He walked in, handed his application paper and breathed in heavily as he shouted, "I have never played volleyball in my childhood years, but you guys seem really cool, grabbing all the championship titles!" Everyone looked at him, starstruck but he never moved an inch even though he was embarrassed. The captain that time was also surprised, seeing as a promising junior such as Daichi could show his strength and passion just like that.

That was the first time I thought Daichi was amazing. I had admired him ever since.

"Congratulations, everyone. You are now graduates of Karasuno High School! Spread your wings and fly high!"

Everyone clapped and cheered, but I was still on my seat, unable to celebrate. I never wanted to graduate and separate from my friends and from the team. I want to continue playing volleyball to the best of my capabilities and I want Daichi to still be my captain. I want to be with him.

"Suga!"

I turn back and saw Daichi, carrying a big bouquet in his arms and grinning from ear to ear. He's so beautiful and bright. I want to see that face every single day of my life but this is where it all ends. "Congratulations, Daichi." I told him, pretending to be happy. "You too." He exclaimed and gave me a big hug. "Whose bouquet is that?" I asked him. "Mine, Hinata and Kageyama arranged this for their captain. I guess they're looking for their vice captain now to give him his bouquet." He said and I laughed. The sakura are slowly dropping on the ground and we just looked at each other.

"Well, Daichi, it was fun being your co-captain. I guess this is goodbye." I said and turned my back to him.

"Suga, wait." Daichi asked pleadingly, squeezing my hand with his.

I turn to look at him, his face flushed red as he was hiding behind his bouquet. "Kageyama and Hinata didn't bring me this, I actually bought it." He said. Oh no, I am expecting something. "Daichi, what do you mean?" I asked him. He gulped then showed his stern face to me. The same face I saw when we were trying out for the volleyball team.

"Would you please stay with me for the rest of your life?" He asked.

I smiled. "I guess, I didn't have to say goodbye."

——————————————————
Heyyyy there you go! Some DaiSuga action!
Artwork by: daiisuga on instagram