Chapter 39: Descent

Start from the beginning

His mind, much like his feet, was running at a tremendous rate of speed, thinking of how he could negotiate with the Tsuchikage in order to retrieve his daughter back safely. He dashed through an empty field before he saw a flash of pink lying still in the grass.

He stopped running and deactivated his Kurama cloak as he felt his limbs go weak, the air leaving his lungs as he saw his daughter just a few yards away from him laying face down in the dirt, her skirt and training shorts she wore under them ripped to shreds next to her.

"No," He whispered.

He shoved the Raikiri forward, intending on disabling Itachi's Susanoo, but his best friend canceled the jutsu quickly, causing the Raikiri to pierce straight through his heart.

"Please no,"

Naruto watched as Kaneki and his team were slaughtered by Iwa's supposed "Genin" team.

"I'm begging whatever god exists," Naruto pleaded aloud as he saw white ooze leaking from Sakura's privates. "No," He stood over his daughter and fell to his knees.

Naruto looked at the bodies of the Uchiha, his second family, and couldn't control himself as he let out a scream of pure agony as everyone gave him looks filled with pity.

"I promised I would protect everyone I loved," He choked out as he grabbed Sakura's body and held her close to his chest, not caring for the blood or semen that might get on his clothes, tears coming out of his eyes steadily as if someone had broken a dam and let the water tumble out uncontrollably.

"Naruto," Minato said as he gazed into his son's eyes. "Just smile!"

"I'm sorry, dad," Naruto whispered as he held her head close to his chest, shaking uncontrollably as he began sobbing freely. "But I can't do that anymore!"

Sasuke appeared in the clearing and saw Naruto cradling Sakura, crying as he whispered to himself. He felt his knees grow weak as he collapsed, his Sharingan morphing into its Mangeykou state.

"They. . . raped her?" He asked gently, fighting tears that threatened to leak from his eyes. "Who? Who could've done this?"

"They defiled my baby girl," Naruto whispered. "They defiled my daughter, they raped and murdered her!"

Sai finally saw the Naruto clone and quickly jumped off the bird and landed in front of his father, who's eyes suddenly widened before dispelling in a poof of smoke. Sai rose an eyebrow but ignored it and hopped right back onto his bird and flew in the direction that the clone had been pointing in.

"Sensei," Sasuke spoke, placing his hand on Naruto's shoulder. "Let's go home."

"No," Naruto whispered, his voice laced with poison as his face twisted into one of complete and utter hatred and determination, the same face Sasuke once saw every time he looked in the mirror. "Stone shinobi did this."

"Sensei," Sasuke's voice was choking up now, the sight of his now-dead teammate hitting him like a ton of bricks. "Let's just go, we don't want to start trouble with Stone."

"As of today, I've broken two promises. One to my father and one to myself. I swore I would keep smiling and now I have no reason to smile. I swore I would protect those I love and I failed. I failed my daughter and I lied to everyone else. I'm no god," He whispered angrily before he gently laid Sakura back down onto the ground. He created a clone.

"Clean her up and take her home. I will not let her body rot in the dirt of a place that holds so much wrong." The clone nodded. Naruto then began walking north.