t h i r t y - o n e

Start from the beginning

What was he thinking, really? That it wouldn't come to this? That he wouldn't put everyone he loved in danger? What was he fucking thinking?

His phone was rested against the dashboard and he felt like screaming when another text message popped up.

Lookie who I found
Don't bother calling the cops, tae tae. He'll be dead the second they show up

Jimin. Taehyung gritted his teeth, his self-loathing consuming the entirety of his being, nibbling at his flesh. Jimin Jimin Jimin. He couldn't let this happen again.

In less than minutes, Taehyung was taking the stairs up the apartment complex two at a time, legs aching as he burst through the Jimin's door. A few figures stood in front of him, but the first thing his brain could register was the cold metal jammed against the back of his head.

Fuck.

The furniture was roughened up, things scattered over the vinyl flooring. He took one look at Jimin then met his brother's eyes.

"I'll kill you." He spat.

Gyu chuckled. There was blood trickling from his nose.

"It's okay, Tae." Jimin spoke wryly from his side of the room, hands behind his head and a nuzzle of a gun held at him point blank. "I got some pretty good punches in."

Gyu glared, the obvious victim. He motioned at his hooligans, who shoved Jimin forward until his knees hit the ground. The gun was pressed more harshly against his temple.

"Gyu." Taehyung had a deep hatred for that name. "What are you even doing?"

"Aww." His brother mocked, tilted his head to the side, "Just convincing my little brother to come home." He got close, taunting. "Too bad little Jeonggukie wasn't here. It would've been fun. But it's alright, I remember Jimin!" He exclaimed with false cheer.

"You're being fucking ridiculous!" Taehyung shouted, "We both hate each other's guts. What good would me moving back to Busan do?" His arms hung lamely at his sides but his muscles were tense, eyes puffy.

Gyu seemed even more angered at his words, stepping up so their bodies were parallel, chests touching. "I got dragged into the drug business. You don't get to run away."

Taehyung glanced around nervously, seeing that he was obviously out-numbered. His feet were glued to the floor. "You could've walked away too, you know."

His brother ignored him, suddenly by Jimin's side, taking the gun and pressing the smaller boy down, practically smothering him. Jimin grunted, legs kicking. "Made a decision yet, Tae?"

Taehyung gaped at him.

"Huh, Tae?"

Jimin yowled when Gyu kicked his side, then proceeded to pull him up just to slam him back down. Jimin pursed his lips, face contorted in pain.

"Stop- Gyu, stop!" Taehyung surged forward only to have his arms wrenched behind him.

Jimin snapped up and grabbed a handful of Gyu's shirt, wrestling him to the floor. He pushed his hand into the pocket of Gyu's hoodie, discarding an item inside. He could've easily put up a fight if it weren't for the wary sight of the gun. He winced as he was struck across the face with it, hands raised to act as shields.

"Fine!"

Everyone in the room stopped moving- stopped breathing maybe. For the silence was now suffocating the room. Jimin shook his head slightly, eyes signaling no, tae.

"Fine." Taehyung breathed, eyes stinging with tears, blurring his vision of the older boy. "I'll go. Just- stop." He was so tired.

The smirk Gyu gave him burned, set his whole being on fire.

It was not until moments later, when his brother shoved a plane ticket into his chest and exited the apartment with his men, did he realize the weight of his words.

I'll go.

He stood there, hands trembling and eyes strained to the floorboards, trying desperately to push away the image of Jeongguk's face the night he left him- The sickening realization that he might have to relive that again.

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>

I'm sick af but here's an update lmao

Shoutout to shoneshoes and Huh03fantasybruuu for spamming the shit out of the last chapter's comment section and then spamming me through text

And 1-800-JAMLESS for being smart

I know I led y'all on to believe that Kook would get hurt but I actually think Jimin being hurt would impact tae more deeply. The fact that Tae blamed himself for the first time Jimin was harmed by his fam. Plus the fact that while Tae and Kook offered each other all the love in the world to make the risk worth it, Jimin sacrificed his everything for them and expected nothing in return.