s i x t e e n

[ idiot ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

Jeongguk felt like a teenage boy with a crush when his phone buzzed with a message from an unknown number.

You sly bunny

The biggest uncontrollable grin appeared on the younger's face as he added the handsome boy to his contacts. Maybe it was just in the spur of the moment, because little did Taehyung know, Jeongguk was also panicking after they were interrupted. He had barely a minute to make up his mind- does he let Taehyung back into his life or live on without him?

People say love is a feeling. And it is, in the most early stages of quick glances and shy confessions. But at the end of the day, it was a choice.

Jeongguk knew his brain wasn't functioning well enough to make such a decision after what Taehyung did to him. But anyhow he rushed back to his desk and scribbled a note, hoping it'll find its way to him. And it did.

"Someone's happy." Jimin noted as he exited the bathroom, towel around his neck.

It was a tradition for Jeongguk to sleep over on Saturday nights. Jeongguk moved over to make space for his best friend as the older continued to talk.

"Care to tell me why?"

"It's nothing." Jeongguk dismissed, still smiling before throwing the remote at the older. "Pick anything that isn't Marvel. We've watched the same Avengers movies for the past month."

"You're no fun." Jimin told him, his damp hair wetting the couch. "Guardians of the Galaxy then." He declared.

"Oh lord."

Jeongguk went to the kitchen to pick up some pizza slices before joining Jimin again, expecting the movie to be set up. But instead the older just sat there giving him a serious look.

"What? I got you some too." The younger said, setting the plate down on the coffee table.

"Okay before we get into that—" Jimin leaned forward and held onto Jeongguk's hands. "I wanted to make sure... Taehyung didn't do anything to you, right?"

The younger stiffened instantly.

"He didn't make you uncomfortable? Or force you to get back with him?"

Jeongguk was a lot of things. A liar was frankly not one of them, especially not to someone who had put everything on the line to keep him safe and happy. But he didn't even need to open his mouth to explain- Jimin, like a lot of people, found the younger extremely easy to read.

"Tell me what happened?" The older prompted after seeing the troubled look on Jeongguk's face.

"Hyung?" Jeongguk's voice grew smaller, suddenly afraid. "What would you think of me if I said I still... have feelings for him?"

Jimin stared at him and Jeongguk felt so intimidated that he started pulling away. But the older just kept him close, pursing his lips and leaning back against the couch.

"I'd think you're an idiot." He said. But while his words were harsh, the weak smile on his face said otherwise. "But then again I always think you're an idiot."

A sigh of relief escaped the younger's lips, seeing that Jimin wasn't at all mad at him.

"Tell me your reasons though," Jimin continued, "cause I don't want you to fall back in blindly." He ran the pad of his thumb over the younger's knuckles.

"Okay well." Jeongguk sat up straight, starting with the most obvious reason. "His father forced him to leave me, hyung, which means he had always wanted me." He couldn't help it when his eyes misted over. "He never stopped."

Jimin's lips twitched up into a bittersweet smile.

"And yesterday—"

"You slept at his, didn't you?" It didn't take half a braincell to connect the dots.

"Yeah." Jeongguk confessed, defeated, "He was at the party. He knew Hobi-hyung. I wasn't feeling well. He took me home. He took care of me. He—" The younger dipped his head down, embarrassed by the way he was rambling on. "— remembered to keep a nightlight on too."

Jimin listened to him thoughtfully.

"He hasn't changed." Jeongguk said under his breath. "I look at him and the butterflies are still there. It's still the same." His voice became shaky. "I've been waiting for so long. I always thought he'd show up, somehow. And now he's here and everything just feels so right, hyung. Everything. I missed him s-so fucking much." He closed his eyes for a moment, forcing back the tears. The emotions locked away in his chest for over a year were more alive then ever, overflowing. He looked up at Jimin again.

"Jeonggukie..." Jimin yanked him close and enveloped him in a hug.

Hugs were the trigger for more tears, and Jeongguk let his stream freely down his face. It felt so good to say it out loud.

Jimin patted at his hair. "I love you so much. You know that?"

"I love you so much." Jeongguk said in return.

"I'll admit— I'm scared for you. Like, really scared for you." The older told him, "You know I'd give my life to keep you from hurting." Jeongguk sniffed at that. Jimin had proven himself true long ago when he dropped everything and moved to Seoul with the heartbroken boy. "And no matter who's fault it was, he did hurt you. I did watch you cry over him multiple, multiple times."

Jeongguk nodded meekly. Multiple was an understatement.

"But love is supposed to be scary, isn't it? It's not supposed to make sense. And who am I to tell you what to feel and who to love?" Jimin chuckled. "I may have to threaten him, as your best friend. And I won't lie— the guy leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But if this is what you want, Gguk, I won't stop you."

"Jiminie." Jeongguk tightened his grip around the older. "Thank you." He hoped those two words could convey just how grateful he was.

"You owe me pizza."

"Done."

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>

Top ten mysteries the world may never know the answer to: why Kook is sitting on a chair on a glass table