t w e n t y - t h r e e

[ mine ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻      ◁ || ▷     ↺

Taehyung snapped the SD card of his phone in half and even discarded the pieces into different trash bins around his block just to be sure. He bought a new phone and Jimin was the first to get the number before forwarding it to Jeongguk.

Two sleepless nights pass by. Taehyung still couldn't wrap his head around how his brother could've possibly found him. Did he seriously waste over a year trying to get ahold of him? Paranoia seeped through his skin and into the very structure of his bones. Here he was again, on the run. No safety net. He was so fucking sick of running after the hands of the clock.

"Jimin said your phone got smashed under a tire." Jeongguk giggled from the other side of the line.

His days were full of phone calls now. Taehyung closed his eyes and sank back into his pillow, savoring the lovely sound. At least he had him. "Yeah. Bad luck, I guess."

"I didn't know you and Jimin have been talking again."

"It's..." Taehyung clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "... complicated."

"Taehyungie."

"Hm?"

"I want to see you." Jeongguk's words were laced with an enthusiasm that made Taehyung's tummy swarm with butterflies. "Please? I haven't seen you in forever."

"You saw me two days ago." The older pointed out.

Jeongguk whined. "I want to see you always. We can go ice cream hunting again- there's a good desert place downtown. Or you can come over and we can watch movies and Seokjin-hyung said he likes you and doesn't mind making lemon pastries for us even though I gag just thinking about it."

A dozen emotions swell in Taehyung, hearing how eager the younger was to be near him yet not being able to go to his side. But it was only logical. He had to distance himself for a while, just in case Gyu shows up again. He can't afford the risk, can't afford Jeongguk being in harm's way.

"I'm sorry, Gguk. I'm gonna be pretty busy the next few days. I'm taking extra shifts at my job."

There was no sound produced from the other end of the call, but Taehyung could already sense the younger's disappointment and he hated himself deeply for it.

"Oh. It's okay."

"We'll go on a million dates once I'm free, okay? Promise."

"M'kay." He mumbled in response.

Taehyung's mouth curved into a frown, like he had killed all the liveliness of their conversation. "Baby... You tired yet?"

"I'm not-" But the rest of his sentence was cut off by a stifled yawn.

Taehyung chuckled. "Go to sleep, Jeongguk."

"No." What a brat. "I still want to talk to you."

"Well, what do you want to talk about, to put you to sleep?"

Jeongguk hummed. He was also in bed, an arm raised to the ceiling so he could examine for no reason. "Anything."

"We're on a beach..."

"What?" The younger said groggily.

"Shh." Taehyung answered with a teasing grin. "We're on a beach, Jeongguk. There's sand in our toes and you're laughing cause you're all soaked with water." The younger fell into silence, letting the smoothness of the older's voice wash over him. "I'll wrap you in towel and hug you to keep you warm. You'd probably say something about surfing. I remember back then when you said you wanted to learn. I'll tease you about the sharks in the area and how I'd rather have you in one piece." He knew he was getting carried away at this point. "We'll head back to my car just as the sun's setting and I'll boop your nose, the mole under your lips and that cute dent on your left cheek. Then I'll hold you and kiss you and tell you you're all mine."

Silence.

"All mine."

He knew Jeongguk must've drifted off halfway through his monologue and a part of him wished he heard the last bit. But it's okay. Everything was okay.

"I'll take you there one day." Taehyung whispered though his words go unheard. "Night, Gguk." He ended the call.

They both slept really well that night. And Taehyung prayed he wasn't making any promises he couldn't keep.

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>

Y'all I'm so happy people are actually reading this bullcrap fpwodkwks. Your comments make me laugh-cry in the most ugly way.

Not sure when the next chapter will be out cause I'm in high school and homework is killing me :( but please stick around
It should be out in less than a couple days

Not sure when the next chapter will be out cause I'm in high school and homework is killing me :( but please stick aroundIt should be out in less than a couple days

I wish Mary Kookins would beat the content out of me with his stick