n i n e t e e n

[ phone ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

"You should wear that more often." Jeongguk told the older, who was busy feeding himself ice cream.

"Hm?"

Jeongguk motioned to the plain white shirt hanging loosely around his frame. "You look really good in it, for some odd reason."

Taehyung shrugged, grinning. The younger seemed to be leaving his shy shell and he was thrilled. "If you say so." The older replied casually before lifting the spoon in Jeongguk's direction. "Open up."

"I thought you hate coffee." Jeongguk brought up after taking his bite.

"Coffee ice cream's a pass."

Jeongguk fished out his phone and Taehyung heard a click of a camera, then a mischievous little giggle. The older narrowed his eyes at him. "What're you doing?"

"Wallpaper purposes."

Taehyung rolled his eyes but the adoration was clear. Okay, how could Jeongguk not be his boyfriend if he was gonna be on his lock screen? There had to be a code of conduct about this. The older shook his head at the thought as Jeongguk set his device back on the table.

"When do you have to be home, Gguk?" He asked.

Jeongguk tilted his head up, his bangs falling to the side and his nose scrunched up cutely. "I don't think it matters as long as I'm back before Jin-hyung's cooking."

"How well do your roommates know me?" Taehyung asked, genuinely curious and slightly terrified that they'd have the same reaction as Jimin.

"They don't know you." The younger replied bashfully, nibbling on his bottom lip. "Like at all."

"I'll have to make a good impression then." Taehyung puffed up his chest and Jeongguk laughed, bringing music to the older's ears.

After a round of footsie under the table, the two discarded the empty ice cream cups and decided to head back to the parking lot. Just as they got to their car, a platter of footsteps sounded from behind them.

"Hey, you left this."

Jeongguk's eyes widened in mid-horror at the boy before him, holding out his phone. Seeing the sudden tension in the younger's movements, Taehyung stepped in front of him instinctively.

"I'll take that. Thank you." Taehyung snatched the device out of Minho's hand, shooting him a glare.

"You got yourself a feisty one, Jeongguk." The ravenette peeked behind Taehyung to look at the boy in the eye. And suddenly Jeongguk regrets telling his name. "All I did was return the phone you left on the table."

"Don't think I don't recognize you." Taehyung snarled.

"Rude much?" Minho noted snidely.

Jeongguk staggered back, trying to hide himself behind the expanse of Taehyung's body. Something about the ravenette sent a chill down his spine. Not the good kind.

Something just doesn't sit right with him. Minho seemed so kind the other night and suddenly he was casting Jeongguk looks that sent panic through his veins.

"Hey, Jeongguk." Minho continued to pursue despite Taehyung's obvious disapproval. Suddenly, he shoved the older to the side, Taehyung's head bumping not so gently against his own car. The ravenette curled his fingers around Jeongguk's small wrist and yanked him close. "I think you should come around to the party again. We didn't get to have any fun together last time—" His tone morphed into something disgustingly suggestive.

"Okay that's enough." Taehyung surged forward, and pried Minho's hands off the frightened boy. Fists clenched, his intimidating demeanor jumped out. "Fuck outta here. You don't get to lay a hand on Jeongguk."

Taehyung was met with a sickening smirk from Minho. "We'll see, Kim." He taunted before walking away.

The older whipped around to face Jeongguk, who had stiffened up. He handed him back his phone and wrapped an arm around him protectively. "You okay? Did he scare you?"

"I don— don't like parties." The younger whispered, the brokenness of his sentence chipping away at Taehyung's heart. Something told him this wasn't his first encounter with Minho.

"You're safe with me, okay?" Taehyung carefully rubbed the reddened flesh of Jeongguk's wrist.

"He— my phone—"

"Check if he used your phone to call himself or something. Block the number."

Jeongguk checked. Nothing. And they climbed into Taehyung's car.

There was something clawing at the bottom of Taehyung's stomach, unsettling. He shook the feeling away and held his baby's hand the whole ride home.

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>