e i g h t

[ silk ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

He was wearing a simple red and blue sweatshirt with faded jeans, but his hair was tousled up in a way that exposed his forehead and brought out those sharp eyes that were staring directly into Jeongguk's soul.

Kim Taehyung... the power you have...

"Guys, this is Jeongguk." Hoseok announced, elbowing the boy forward.

Jeongguk's mind was too far gone to notice the other two males seated with Taehyung at the booth. He managed to pull himself together in time to mutter a feeble greeting.

One of them hummed, a smirk appearing on his face. "You came alone, baby boy?"

"Hey, eyes off this one." Hoseok shot back with that stern tone of his that only came out once a full-moon.

Apparently he didn't trust the dude to keep his junior in his pants, cause Hoseok squeezes into the space next to him and ushered Jeongguk to sit in the opposite side of the booth. Somehow they were both hellish choices because now Jeongguk found himself perched down next to Taehyung, his stomach twisting into knots. He could feel the older's hot stare on the side of his face, watching him attentively.

The cushioned seats were shabby and scratched and it made the whole situation even more uncomfortable than it already was. Awkward was a fucking understatement.

"You're not gonna drink, little one?" The other dude asked, his words slurring a little.

Jeongguk shook his head delicately, looking anywhere but the person beside him.

"Too young?" The other piped in, "How cute."

"No." Jeongguk was beginning to feel humiliated by his obvious lack of experience, and being treated like a child because of it. "I just don't want to."

"Try this." The dude offered, but Hoseok kicked him under the table.

"You're being a dick."

He shrugged in response and tipped his head back to drown the rest of the glass. Sorry Hoseok mouthed across the table. Jeongguk gave him an unnoticeable wary smile.

"Hey."

Jeongguk had been listening to that voice for the past few days (and nights in his sleep). Yet it caught him off guard every time. The deep, velvety sound that seemed to take his breath away at an instant. The smoothness of his tone reminded Jeongguk of the silk material currently draped over his torso.

Taehyung leaned in closer, as if curious. "You look really familiar."

Jeongguk finally turned towards him and caught the sarcasm dripping from his words. He wanted to wipe that smug look off the older's face so badly. It was such a contrast to when Taehyung first recognized him.

"Don't you work at that tattoo parlor? Hm?" Taehyung continued airily. It was obvious the game he was playing at.

Jeongguk's hands were itching to rip that sweatshirt off Taehyung and kindly remind him of the effort he had put into the tattoo on his upper back. But instead he clenched his jaw and offered the older a sardonic smile.

"Yup." He exaggerated with false cheer, "That's me."

"You're too pretty to be working at a dainty little shop like that." One of the dudes spoke up.

And maybe it was meant to be a compliment, but Jeongguk suddenly didn't want to be associated with Hoseok's so-called friends anymore.

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom." He excused himself lamely, practically leaping out of his seat.

"Okay, it's upstairs on the left—"

But Jeongguk was already gone. He wasn't heading there anyway.

Please vote before continuing on to the next chapter >>>>

Idk here's a duck. Comment quack if you wanna say hi.