chapter 39 ~ 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

Start from the beginning

YUMIN

Be careful

JUNGKOOK

We will❤️

TAEHYUNG

Guys, seriously

TAEHYUNG

Please?

JUNGKOOK

Sorry, hyung

YOONGI

Of course, baby

YOONGI

We'll see you at the gas station

TAEHYUNG

<3

_

     As soon as the Jeep pulled to a stop in front of the gas station market, Kiana turned towards me, her brow furrowed in frustration and confusion. I felt tears build in the corners of my eyes; I should've never said anything about Yura. I should've just kept my mouth shut, but, I hadn't and now Kiana was mad at me.

     "I'm s-sorry, Ki," I whispered, feeling ashamed for wanting Yura. I hadn't seen my ex in well over two months, and his absence had been pure bliss, but a part of me still wanted to be beside him. I wanted his strong arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me against his chest and whispering sweet nothings into my ear. Because that's all they meant in the end: nothing. I felt tears cascade down my face, pulling my knees up to my chest as I cried quietly. "I don't kn-know why I miss him s-so-so much."

     Unexpectedly, I felt Kiana's arms wrap around my shoulders, the brunette having pulled herself on top of the center console to be closer to me. I unwrapped my limbs from around my knees and hugged her back, burying my face into the crook of her neck. My tears dampened the collar of her t-shirt. I felt Kiana's nails dig into my back, her breathing unsteady as she murmured in my ear.

     "Yumin, don't cry, please. It-It's fine; I'm not mad at you."

     "I'm s-sorry."

     "Don't be sorry." Kiana pulled away, gently cupping my face and brushing the tears from my cheeks. I sniffled quietly, avoiding eye contact as more tears dribbled down my tanned face. I felt ashamed of myself; I shouldn't have missed Yura at all, but being in little space made me remember all the good things about him that I had pushed so far down in my mind I'd almost forgotten. I didn't want to forget, but I had to move on eventually.

    I wrapped my hands around Kiana's tiny wrists, keeping her close to me as I blinked the tears from my eyes. "I'm not mad at you," she repeated, brushing the tears off my cheeks. "We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. It's just-" She paused, exhaling shakily. "With everything he's done, I know you miss him, but I don't want you to. You have us." Kiana's gaze flitted over to the passenger window over my shoulder. I turned, following her gaze to where Jungkook sat in the driver's seat of the Bentley a few cars down. He was staring down at his phone, texting away without noticing us watching him. I felt a small smile pull at my lips as I took in his chiseled features, a blush trailing up my neck. "You don't need Yura anymore, Yumin. Not when you have them. They're not gonna hurt you like he did."