Brian smiled as he sat opposite me. Cotton hesitated before sitting, i stared at him, begging him to make eye contact with me. Daring him to say something, but he didnt, he just kept staring down at the table.

"Okay, were here. Whats so important" I said looking at Brian, and then at Cotton.

"I wish to make an alliance with you" he said 

"This is my plan. My father has not been well, his mental state is taking a toll on my people....and yours. I plan on challenging him, but before i do so, i want to build my bridges. When i take over, i fear there will be members of my pack who will turn on me, Other packs will turn on me, and some may even try to take over my lands. Alpha Rheon, you are like my uncle, i know there has been bad blood between our packs lately, but once my father is.....gone, i feel we can mend our relationship" 

"Well, that is not for me to decide, As you will know, Noah is now the Alpha of our pack. You will need to meet with him" My father said politely

Brians face drained of colour. I had told him last night over the phone, but it had obviously only sunk in now.

"Brian, Noah is a reasonable person. Talk with him. If you want to make an alliance with him, you need to ask him, otherwise you will never know"

"Yes but, we dont exactly have a good history already. And then there Dylan..... maybe this will not work" he said, i saw the hope leave his face as the words did. 

"What about you? Anything to say for yourself" my father said to Cotton who still hadnt looked up.

"Yes sir. I now belong to a pack, and my wolf is no longer fighting with me, I have learnt more about myself in the past two days than i have ever known in my life. I ask your forgiveness for what i have done to Peter, and to your daughter" he spoke quietly and delibrately, it sounded scripted, nothing was emotional, everything was rehearsed. 

"Thats because ive thought about how i would ask for your forgiveness since the day i left you" he said finally looking up at me. His eyes were light and glassy, his body was shaking and i felt every thing he was feeling flow through me.

Cotton had changed. His thoughts, his energy, his wolf, his body language, everything was different now. 

"WAIT, you heard my thoughts?" i said standing up looking at him in disbelief.

"Were mates Ally, ive always been able to hear your thoughts, Can you not hear mine?" he asked. I could feel Brian and my father awkwardly leave, i could hear them still talking between one another in the background, my father was telling Brian that he still didnt trust him, he was telling him that if he fucked up there would be a thousand fists lined up to punch him in his "Smug little face" but that he supported his decision to challenge Theo.

"I havent heard you in a long time Cotton" i said crossing my arms over my chest and moving to stand by the Mosaic wall.

"I want to apologize Ally. i just cant find the words" He said coming to stand behind me. I could feel his body heat, but he wasnt close enough to touch me.

"You were apart of our pack, You could have stayed forever, You could have had a position, you could have been with me!" i shouted. I couldnt look at him. There was still so much hurt, so much things between us. If we were destined to be together, why was there always something keeping us apart?

"I was never apart of your pack, i was a visitor. Ive never been apart of anyones pack, ive always been an outsider living on the inside. Ive never belonged anywhere, to nobody except you. But now i have a home Ally, ive found my pack. My wolf doesnt want to fight with me anymore were now connected to eachother and you....." he said coming forward and puting his arms around my waist, I pushed him away and turned to look at him. I was crying, because i was angry and scared and upset, but i was hopeful, he was different, i felt the difference, and everything he said was proving me right. But i couldnt help but hold onto the hurt i felt and the anger i felt towards him for what he had done.

"No Cotton. You dont get to just come back here and give me your smooth talk and just expect me to talk it all in and be happy again. I dont work that way" i said pushing against his chest and shoving him away from me. I walked towards my fathers truck, the headlights flashed meaning my father had unlocked it with his car remote. 

"Ally please dont walk away from me. Im better i promise" he said chasing after me once he picked himself up off the floor. 

"Ally im sorry, i just want to prove it to you" he continued

I hadnt hopped into the truck yet. I turned around to look at him, ready to open my mouth and say something witty and mean when he said:

"Im an Alpha. Caitlin is my sister...... James is my father" 

Fuck..... shit just got real.