Chapter 25

Another short one ya'lll hope it will still bring you happy times lol

Brians POV.........

I think I may have changed the spelling of Brians name accidentally in a previous chapter, if anyone has seen it spelt as BRYAN could you please let me know which chapter it was in? Sorry for that guys, ive basically thrown out my plans because its changed so much since I started writing. Thank you for reading :D

With Caitlin gone, I was beginning to feel normal again, but something was still missing, I needed a mate, but I knew that a mate was not in my future because of this curse, I wish there was a way to break it. Thoughts of Dylan filled my head and the sour taste of sorrow filled my mouth, I wished she was my Mate.

My fathers office was my least favourite place in the entire world, pictures of his achievements, famous werewolves he had met, blue prints of our house that he and his construction team built, everything was so "ego boosting" There was no pictures of his family, but that was a wolf thing, you kept pictures of your family in your heart not on your walls, if anyone ever tried to hurt them they would need to do more research than just looking for pictures in your house.

Being stuck in here was depressing. I just wanted to go out and run, let off some steam, but instead I had to sit here and listen to my father talking about the things expected of me as future Alpha, and pretend he was actually going to hand me the Alpha title on my eighteenth birthday. We all knew he would find an excuse not to give it to me, and I knew I wasn't strong enough to take it from him. He trained every other wolf in this pack, except me, and I knew it was for this reason, so I couldn't over throw him.

When I was old enough to shift and train, my father was preoccupied making marriage arrangements with Alpha James. After everything had been settled, I guess he just didn't want to train me.

"James will be here in a few days, and so I need you to ready the guest room where he will be staying" My father said as he paced back and forth in front of his desk. I hadn't even been paying attention until now.

"Alpha James is coming here? Why? His daughter isn't here anymore" I replied, my dislike for this man was very obvious in my tone. I was trying not to let on that I was scared of him. Alpha James was a powerful man and a dangerous one too. I couldn't help but wonder if he was coming here to punish me for refusing to marry his daughter. Would he hurt my family too?

"Haven't you been listening to a god damn word I've said?" My father yelled slamming his fist down on his desk and glaring at me with a look of pure hatred.

Hatred... maybe he did hate me now, now that I've ruined everything for him, his perfect little plans, and all his wants. The man staring at me wasn't the man I loved anymore. My father was always a good and honest person, but ever since he made an alliance with Alpha James, his attitude had changed, and he had grown cold towards his family and pack, especially me.

My mother was also suffering, I noticed the difference in her a few months ago, but seeing the dramatic change in my father, I thought it best not to open my mouth. This above all things made me feel like a coward.

I didn't understand how this all worked for him though. Eventually I would have to take over the pack, and our people would be left with an Alpha who had no idea what he was doing, and was weak. I couldn't fathom why any Alpha would do that to his pack. Unless he didn't plan on retiring at all. Perhaps he thought one of his grandchildren would take over after Caitlin started producing. None of this makes sense, I didn't want to be a part of a corrupt pack. Maybe I should just go rogue.

Jakes father Frank had been assigned a high ranking position in Noah's pack; he was guard of the current Luna which was Noah's mother. Although he seemed happy with his new life in his new pack, I knew he still had a little loyalty left for me and his old pack when he contacted me yesterday to let me know that Cotton was now awake and that Caitlin had been the one to attack him, which I already knew, he also told me that they suspect she was not alone, but the girl they found with her had not yet shifted, and the attack was definitely the work of a wolf.

I knew it had been Caitlin, but this other wolf that was involved threw me a little. Great, another idiot wolf to deal with.

Hearing about this other wolf scared me, Caitlin's father had to be behind this, it made me scared for the rest of my pack. With my future Beta and third in charge gone, and my father siding with James, I was as good as a lone wolf. My pack would always be loyal to their Alpha, which was my father. I think he would do anything James asked him to do, he was greedy and power hungry and I was a bug on the windshield that needed wiping away.

"Now you better listen this time, cause im not going to say it again" my father said lowering his head and staring into my eyes.

"Alpha James will arrive in a few days, He wont tell me the exact date because he doesn't want word getting to Rheon. They have Caitlin in their pack prison, she has linked with her father and told him where she is. Apparently Noah tried to kill her but his mate, the fat girl, saved her life"

"I haven't told James that Dylan is Nina's daughter, well let him figure that out on his own, But you my dear boy will not fuck! This! Up!" he shouted

"When we take down Rheon's pack, I will run this side and you will run that side. You will marry Caitlin and your heir will take over this side when I retire, and then your grandchild will take over for you when you retire. Alpha James only wants his daughter alive and well, and of course, married to you. Do you understand me?" He said, his voice had become quiet and dangerous. I had never seen my father this determined before, never this angry either. I nodded my head in agreement and sat there in silence, dumbfounded by what I had just heard.

They were planning an attack on Rheon's pack. Alpha Rheon had been like my uncle when I was younger, he and my father didn't spend a lot of time together anymore but when I was a kid, Noah and I used to play down at the river together and Ally used to get us in trouble all the time like annoying sisters do. I had grown up with his children and I had called him Uncle. And now my father was going to kill him? all for the sake of land and rights to his pack?

I was shaken from my thoughts by a loud knock at the door.

"Come in" my father yelled as he straightened himself and grabbed a stack of paper from his desk.

The door opened and my face dropped. For someone who was almost dead a few days ago he sure looked amazing now.

My father looked up as he entered the room and with a bright smile on his face he said "Ah Cotton, you're here"