Chapter 37

Dylans POV again

Mornings were busy in the pack, There were jobs Noah and i had to take on. Early mornings had become an unwelcome reality. Breakfasts, for one; were starting to get real boring unfortunately, Ally and i had taken on Sophia's duties and although we both knew how to cook, we were finding it hard getting out of bed in the mornings, and cooking for 9 people with our eyes still half closed.

"This is getting harder every day" Ally said trying to stifle a yawn. She looked terrible, big dark rings circled her eyes and her hair was all kinds of crazy. "When will we get used to doing this?" she asked pointing to a coffee mug which now meant "Would you like coffee?"

I nodded my head and replied "Will we ever get used to this, that is the question" wiping the sleep from my eyes. I walked into the downstairs bathroom to wash my face, hoping to wake myself up. Ally followed close behind probably having a similar idea. I help her to dry her face off and push her hair out of the way, after she finished we headed back into the kitchen to start cooking.

Noah's footsteps were soft even when he was running down the stairs. He was late today. I laughed knowing that was partly my fault for keeping him up half the night talking. I quickly threw a few pieces of bread in the toaster and grabbed his favorite spreads of out the pantry. He was in a good mood, he had been since he took over, the jobs weren't getting him down, it was a big job load but he was loving every second of it. Today was his meeting with the human affiliates council. People who knew about us, and helped to keep the secret. Most of the members were teachers at our old high school, some of them were council members, the mayor, the mayors wife, His kids, and a few hotel and bar owners in town - as any rogues coming into town would generally visit hotels or bars.

Noah kissed my forehead before taking his seat at the table. He was joined shortly after by Rheon and Frank, usually the women were first out but since Noah had taken over the pack, they had been having sleep ins every morning. i liked it, i liked the thought of Sophia resting for once instead of cooking and cleaning after this bunch.

Ally was throwing bowls onto the table, pieces of triangle cut toast lay in a pile on a chopping board in the center. She grumbled and muttered under her breath as she walked backwards and forwards from the pantry to the table carrying various packets of cereal. I had fixed up coffee for everyone, except Jake who preferred orange juice. I poured hot water and milk into Rheon, Frank and Noah's mugs and set them on the table for them. Ally had finally taken a seat and was just staring at all the food blankly, anyone would think she was sleep deprived, We were only up an hour earlier.

Noah smiled at me sweetly, patting the seat next to him where i usually sit. He had already started pouring my cereal. His plate was full of bits of everything which is the way, i had learned, that Noah liked to eat. He liked options.

My mom, Sophia and Franks wife all walked into the dining room at the same time, My mom looked really drained, It was even more noticeable seeing her next to Sophia who looked like a 30 year old goddess compared to my mom. There was something not right. I needed to get to the bottom of this. I knew she was starting to age, but since moving in here she had gone from being able to pass as my older sister, to looking 50 years old.

She sat down opposite me on the table. "Goodmorning" she said smiling at all of us, She began filling her plate up. Toast and a small plate of cereal. much less than she'd usually eat. I looked at Noah for answers, his face was full of suspicion just like my own. Was it suspicion or concern? it was hard to tell the difference sometimes. Noah put his hand on my own and squeezed. That confirmed it was concern.

We continued eating and chatting quietly, Mikaere and Ramari had also come to join us. They had their own house now. It was meant for Frank and Jakes family but they offered it to Mikaere and Ramari whilst they were here.

Ramari was telling us a story of a woman and a man who came from two different packs in the same town from new zealand. "Hinemoa and Tutanekai" The story was long but beautiful. The maori people of New Zealand were once also shifters like us, but due to war, the british invasion and out-breeding, there were very few left.

All of a sudden, my mom stood from her seat, in a panic almost, and began locking the doors and windows around us. She ran into the living room and started closing the entire house up screaming for us to help her. Sophia, Rheon and Ally had all started closing the house with her, Noah and i stood in the dining room with the others, looking around for some clue to why she was in such a panic.

All of a sudden a small black bird landed on the railing of the deck outside, it was crowing and staring into the windows. Then another landed, and another, Soon there was no longer any room on the rail. they were all staring at us, crowing. Noah grabbed my hand and began to walk backwards into the living room. The birds were everywhere.

"Nina, what the fuck is going on" Noah yelled, My mom was upstairs shutting the house up she answered but it was too quiet.

We heard footsteps coming up the stairs, Noahs body felt like fire next to mine, i felt him shift and leap in the direction. He sensed danger.

"ITS ONLY ME YE ORANGE TURD" Came the familiar slurs of uncle Sean. Noah ran up stairs to get clothes and Uncle Sean walked around the corner to meet us.

"What are you doing here, where did you come out from" Noah asked coming back down the stairs again pulling a shirt over his head.

"Ive been sleeping in the medical wing for a few days. Heard the birds and thought i better get up here" He nodded in my direction. Just then my mom came sprinting down the stairs, her eyes were black and she was burning up. She was ready for a fight.

"Mom whats happening" I yelled, she didnt reply

"Go on Nina, why dont you tell them all" Uncle Sean said smirking

"Fuck off Sean" she glared back at him "You dont know anything"

"On the contrary love, i know everything, dont forget i was once apart of that pack too" he smiled, looking pleased with himself for some reason

"Someone better start fucking talking NOW" i demanded

"Lets just say, Young Dylan, Your about to meet your mummies old pack" he said walking towards us and positioning himself at the back, we would be covered in all directions, but there was hundreds of them and only 12 of us.

I pushed my way out from behind Noahs protection, standing in front of the group i yelled at the top of my lungs "Somebody better fucking tell me what the hell is going on" My voice was deep and it echoed in the house. I could tell i was losing control of my body, when i was angry or scared she came out, my head began hurting and there was fur sprouting from my hands. "Noah you tell me whats going on or i swear ill walk outside right now and find out for myself"

He growled, staring me down. I was challenging him in front of important pack members, His family, and people he didnt quite trust yet - my mom and Jakes mate. I knew he would give in an speak soon, I could see the decisions being made in his eyes. But he was too late.

"Your from a line of original shifters" Quinn said, her back still turned to me as she stood defensively next to her mate, i could tell she knew alot about the situation by the way she had rushed to help shut the house up and how she stood so defensively in front of Jake, There was danger and she knew all about it. I could hear my mom telling her to stop. Quinn opened her mouth to continue the story but was interrupted by Noah shouting "Open the doors, head to the prison now. Theyre not here for us, theyre here for Caitlin"

Wow long time no update, sorry guys. Welcome to new readers and welcome back to old ones. Just to quickly update you guys, i havent been uploading as ive been busy studying and training to become a beauty therapist. I am now about to go into my second year of training for spa therapy and there will definitely be another long wait for chapters. Totally sorry. i had given up on this book there for a while, but im back, going to have another go and see how far we can get. Thanks for sticking around <3 Really means alot to me. I know this was a shorty, but honestly its all i have time for at the moment
Love to you all xxx