Chapter 9: Exchanging Gifts

Start from the beginning

"Wait hyung-!" Jungkook protested in alarm, stopped his hyung who looked at him bewildered. The younger one closed his wide, open mouth shut and looked off to the side awkwardly. "Um... never mind. I'm just going to finish doing something, so I'll meet you out there." Jimin nodded as he turned around and walked out of the younger one's studio.

Jungkook let out a sigh. He thought that with his hyung agreeing to him going to the beach that he could get in some time to go visit Y/N, but now with all of his hyungs coming along, he wasn't going to be able to see her. Then again, perhaps it was good that all of the hyungs were coming along, he could find some time to slip away while they're talking and go visit Y/N without them noticing. He nodded at that as he grabbed his camera. He would also take some videos that way to his hyungs it would seem like he really did go there to take videos for his video edit.

Once he had all the things he needed, he headed to his room and got changed into some swim trunks and a t-shirt. He slipped on his sandals and glanced at his window. Normally, he would be leaving out of his window. It was weird for him to not be going out the window. He shrugged as he left his room and joined the rest of his hyungs who were at the door of the dormitories, wearing swim trunks, sunhats, and other beach essentials. With that, they left and headed to the beach.

"Jimin tells us that you want to shoot some clips of the ocean for your video edit," Seokjin said as he nudged the younger one's arm. Jungkook nodded in response to that. "Oh! I have a ocean joke, do you want to hear it?"

"Um... alright, sure, go ahead," Jungkook replied with a small sigh as he sent a small smile to his hyung. Seokjin grinned happily as he got ready to tell his joke. Jungkook mentally prepared himself for whatever joke his hyung would tell.

"What did one ocean say to the other?" Seokjin asked as he tried not to laugh. Jungkook shrugged in response, not knowing the answer. "Nothing, they just waved! Ahahahaha!" Seokjin began doing his famous windshield wiper sound effect laughter while Jungkook just let out an exasperated sigh and shook his head disapproving. "Oh oh! What happens when you throw a million books into the ocean?"

"Sigh, I don't know hyung," Jungkook answered with a sigh as he set his stuff down on the beach next to the others.

"A title wave! Hahahaha heeheeheeheehee!" Seokjin hollered with laughter as he slapped his knee. Jungkook managed to crack a smile, but it wasn't because of his hyung's joke, it was because of his hyung's hilarious laughing. Jimin and Taehyung had been listening in as well to the jokes. Taehyung chuckled while Jimin stifled laughs. Jungkook rolled his eyes as he took his camera out and started taking pictures of the ocean.

The sun was bright out and the waves were crashing onto the sea. The beach wasn't too crowded, but then again they were in a more secluded area than other beaches. He began video taping the waves and got closer to the water. The waves flowed over his feet, the salty water prickling at his skin.

He let out a breath as he stared out at the ocean. The water that wasn't close to the shore was clear and bright. You could almost see the bottom. If only he could take videos of those, but it was too far. Plus, his camera wasn't waterproof. Taking pictures of the beach and the crashing waves weren't the most beautiful parts of the ocean.

As he pondered in thought, he noticed something in the distance that was coming closer and closer to the beach. It was a shimmering purple colour and the colour was coming at a fast rate towards the beach. It wasn't coming towards him, but it was heading towards the place where he had been meeting with Y/N. His eyes then lit up when he realized that it was Y/N's tail.

He glanced at his hyungs, hoping to find them chattering away. Yoongi was lying on his chair with his sunhat covering his face as he decided to take a nap. Namjoon was busy reading a book and Seokjin was busy eating as usual. Taehyung, Jimin, and Hoseok were all playing in the water. He breathed a sigh in relief that all of his hyungs seemed busy. He took this chance to start walking down the beach at a fast pace, but not so fast that his hyungs would notice him.