Chapter 6: Hyung, Can You Keep A Secret?

Start from the beginning

When they reached the store, they removed their hoods and wiped their boots off then started walking down the isles of food. They pushed a cart in front of them and tossed in food. The food was mostly stuff that they liked, not too much stuff that the others liked. They could already picture the others complaining about only getting stuff that they liked.

Once they were done, they placed their things next to the check-out counter. They paid for all of their food and carried their bags. Jungkook carried two bags per hand while Taehyung carried two bags in one hand and the umbrella in the other hand.

Together, they walked out of the store, but to their surprise the rain that had previously seemed to get lighter had become heavier during their time in the store. It was a literal downfall. The rain was pounding down onto the ground. People who were in the parking lot were all rushing to get to their cars. The two hungry band mates stood there debating on whether or not they should wait until the rain is done or if they should just do their best to get home.

"Sigh, I don't want to get wet, but I don't want to just stay here," Jungkook murmured with a sigh as he placed his bags down and took his phone out. There were a few messages. He read all of them and they were from his hyungs asking him if he and Taehyung could pick up certain things, all things that he and Taehyung didn't pick up because he didn't see the messages until now. He shrugged thinking that it was too late now to go back inside and buy those things.

"We should go. The others might get worried if we take too long," Taehyung insisted with a wary look as he took a step out into the rain with the umbrella.

"Hyung wait up!" Jungkook yelled as he picked up the bags and rushed to get under the umbrella with his hyung. He let out a sigh of relief that he didn't get too wet or the bags too wet. Carefully, they walked side by side under the umbrella, doing their best to not get any of the bags wet. The cloudy sky became darker as they walked. It was starting to get harder to see what was ahead of them.

"We should get someone to come get us. We still have some ways to go and it's getting harder to see what's ahead of me," Taehyung voiced as he tripped over the curb, "See? Or at least get your phone out and turn on the flashlight." Jungkook nodded as he was about to take his phone out, but stopped when he noticed bright light coming from inside his shirt. He reached in and took out the locket necklace that was hanging around his neck. The scale that he had chosen to put inside the locket glowed bright and purple. "Whoa, where did you get that?"

"I... Namjoon gave me the necklace," Jungkook answered uneasily. He was about to spill the beans about the scale. He hoped that Taehyung wouldn't ask him anything more about it, but his hyung was awed by the purple light since his favourite colour was purple. "Hyung, stop staring at it. It's just a necklace. Now let's get home before the others wonder where we are and before it gets any darker. Plus, I'm hungry."

"Alright alright, but when we get back can I see it?" Taehyung asked with pleading eyes. Jungkook stared at his hyung for a moment, giving it a thought. He was uneasy about letting his hyung fully see it as it contained something precious, but also secret. If his hyung had discovered that there was a scale in the locket then no doubt there would be questions. Sighing, he simply shook his head and walked on off ahead. "Hey Jungkook!" Taehyung rushed after him until he was walking beside him.

"Sorry hyung, but I don't want you to break it," he replied dismissively. Taehyung scoffed at that as he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not going to break it," Taehyung retorted as he glanced out of the corner of his eye at the younger one's necklace that continued to shine and light their way back to the dorms. As they arrived at the dorms, Jungkook stopped in front of the door. He glanced at the sea while clutching onto the locket. He hadn't seen Y/N for a day and a half now. He knew that he probably would tomorrow, but he wasn't too keen on waiting. "You alright Jungkookie?"