A Few Tears

Chapter 10 - A Few Tears

Wyatt's POV

It was an hour after midnight, my eyes growing tired from staring at my phone. Kamille small snores could be heard and it made me let out a yawn. Sometimes she makes me wish she was never my slave.

Kamille makes things confusing. I'm suppose to marry Erica and Kamille just messes it up. It's suppose to be a pointless marriage, no feelings whatsoever. Kamille is the only one whose adding feelings to my arranged marriage.

Each time I thought of the wedding my stomach would hurt. That was one of the worst feelings in the world. It happens whenever I embarrass myself or do something I shouldn't. I need to forget my feelings for Kamille, she's my friend, my slave.

I stayed up for another ten minutes before feeling my eyes shut. Maybe I'll just rest them for a moment, place my phone on my pillow. Just a moment.

"I have dinner for you." I told Kamill holding a plate of cut up chicken breast. "It's already cut up?" She mumbled taking the plate when I handed it to her. I gave her a small smile and nodded as she stabbed her fork into the chicken.

"It's good." Kqmille replied and I just remained quiet not sure what to do.

This was weird since I've never had a slave before. It's like a pet but a human pet.

"So I'm just gonna go back downstairs now?" I told her scratching the back of my neck.

Kamille nodded her head, cheeks full of food. I left my room to let her eat in peace and walked down our overly long hallway. I wish I can set Kamille free.

Kamille is my first slave that I've ever met in real life. It's odd and shouldn't be happening. I shouldn't be keeping her locked up in my room.

I will never change my mind on slaves no matter what my parents do. I have my opinions and I they have theirs. I let out a long loud sigh walking down the long steps to go speak with my parents.

I found my mother in her bedroom yelling at someone on the phone. I patiently waited for her to hang up and sat on her bed.

"No no. That won't do. I wanted my dress pink not blue!" There was a long pause. "Of course you're sorry." My mother rolled her eyes. "Thank you. Bye." She pressed the end call button and fake smiled at me.

"Hello dear." Her smile fell and she wandered around her room mumbling words and lifting things up.

"Looking for something?" I asked hoping she would remember I was there.

"My car keys." She answered sounding annoyed. "Check your pockets?" I asked lifting up an eyebrow. My mother was very forgetful when it came to things like that.

"Silly me." She mumbled after finding them in her sweaters pocket. "Oh hi Wyatt!" My mother smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"Hi." I said under my breath.

"Is there anything you needed?" She replied letting out a huff of annoyance as she searched for another object. "I wanted to talk to you about Kamill." I spoke softly not sure how she would react. "Oh you mean the little slave? She smells good..."

Her comment made me growl lowly in my throat. Kamille wasn't some kind of blood bag. "Yes the...slave. I don't want her. Let her free." I demanded not caring about her reactions anymore. "You're going to be King soon. You need to learn how to take charge and order people around. Think of the slave as practice."