A Few Laughs

Chapter 4 ~ A Few Laughs

Fall came right around the corner. I've been a slave for two weeks. I can't help but think about all the things I'm missing in school. Wyatt and I became friends, as strange as that sounds. Being a slave isn't what I thought. Maybe it is, I just got the right master. He forbids me to say the word master, he claims it sounds awkward. I agree. We've decided that I would just sleep on the ground since it is very comfortable. I miss my parents, my brothers, Tilly,the nice lunch aid who always gave me candy.

"Kamille, what is your favorite animal?" Wyatt asked me taking his headphones out. We we're laying down for bed. His usual music was blasting through his headphones and I was reading a book from the libary. I put my book down and sat up a bit to stare at him. "Why?" It was such an odd moment to ask that question. "Why not?" He shot back smirking at the smart response.

"A wooly mammoth. Or the Loch Ness Monster." I answered shrugging laying back down. "You do realize that they don't exist anymore, right?" I could hear humor in his voice. "There are rumors that the wooly mammoth aren't exstinct after all. Plus, the Loch Ness Monster has so many sightings and pictures." I explain giving a little scoff. "They're all hoax. Fake. Photoshop, people just want attention." He was laughing now and I sat up glaring at him. "If you live your whole life without beliving in fake stuff then everything around you would be real. Real is an opinion. Nessie could be real or she couldn't. Real is also boring. There would be no such thing as belief." I finished my tiny rant and laid back down. There was awkward silence for about three minutes.

"I understood none of that." I blinked a couple of times about to facepalm myself. "I am not explaining it again...' I sighed and folded the top of the page and closed the book. "Goodnight."

I was always a hopeless romantic. Though love seems to never find those who wish for it so deeply. The boy you dream up only exist in your dreams. Every girl wants the same thing three things. Cute, funny, and caring. I don't know anyone who doesn't.

I grew up in a generation where people thought love was just hand holding and giving a peck on the lips. You'd date somebody and the next day they would tell you they loved you. I wasn't the brightest kid, nor the most organized, didn't have a lot of friends, childish. People would call me immature, but when it came to love I'd be the most mature then any of them.

I was only thirteen at the time, I knew love was patient. Of course I got upset seeing girls my age hookup or have boyfriends. I knew if I wanted true love I had to be patient. I belive in fate, so many little things in life can leave to big things.

"Kamille...Kamille." I was awoken by an annoying sound. I had just gone to sleep to. "Hmmm?" I groaned turning over trying to get whover was touching me off. "It's raining and I can't sleep." Waking up a bit more I realize it's Wyatt. I sat up streching and letting out a yawn. Once I looked over at him I saw a very tired Wyatt.

He looked like an adorable puppy that just wanted sleep. I was confused on why I always found Wyatt attractive in any way possible. Even his morning breath doesn't bother me. My eyes adjusted fully after I rubbed any tiredness out of them. "What part of the rain is distracting you from sleep?" I let out another yawn "Or me." I mumbled looking down at my "bed" wanting to go back to dream land.

"It's that annoying sound!" He sounded irritated and looked over at his window that was slightly covered by curtains. "Do you think I can turn the rain off or something?" I teased a bit irritated from lack of sleep. "No, but I wanted someone to talk to until the rain calmed down." He pouted rather cutely. "What would you like to talk about?" I asked now knowing I wouldn't find sleep anytime soon.

"Do you think the Loch Ness Monster will let me ride his pet unicorn if I ever saw him?" Wyatt asked so seriously and I was not amused. I let out a fake laugh glaring at him and threw my pillow so it would hit his face. It didn't. I hated that vampires had so many unique abilities. More like jealous. "That's not fair." This time is was my turn to pout and I could have sworn I saw Wyatt's eyes soften.

I took this chance to attempt to hit Wyatt with a pillow again. I succeeded and he let out a huff. "You're so going to pay for that." And with those words we had a pillow fight. I've noticed that I enjoy having pillow fights with people. First my brothers, then Tilly, now Wyatt. I laughed each time and I hit Wyatt and one time he fell off the bad. I died with laughter and he decided to tackle me.

It made my stomach flop in different directions seeing he was hovering over me. I knew we were having a moment by seeing his eyes softened like they did before. They showed so many feelings, confused, want, passion. Then his eyes went wide as he started to tickle me with a grin. "How do you like it?" He asked and I started laughing. I hate being so ticklish.

"N-No please!" I managed to breathe out squirming trying to get out of his hold. He stopped and had serious look on his face. "Will you stop attacking me with pillows?" I pretended to be sad "I guess." That made him smile. I can tell that Wyatt has grown more comfortable with me around. I have as well, I usually do this. I'm shy and awkward but once I'm around someone for a long time I start to become playful.

Suddenly Wyatt is off and me onto his bed. "I hate rain." He commented looking out the window. "Personally the window looks like it's melting." I spoke looking at the wet see through glass. "You're odd." Wyatt turned to look at me and raised an eyebrow. "Yeah and you suck blood. Guess we both have kinks?" I shot back glaring at him. His eyes widen and his mouth opened up a bit. "Watch it. I could suck your blood." I spaced out listening to the comment.

I shoved the arcades plastic vampire teeth in my mouth. "Look at me mom. Bleh Bleh." I made noises showing off my fake teeth. "Kqm, that's not even the sound vampires make." Tilly groaned an my mom laugh. "You're just jealous" my voice was muffled by the plastic in my mouth. "They aren't even white! They're purple. So it's not even realistic." She pointed out making me feel bad. I took the teeth out, "Why you gotta ruin my moment?" I said glum fully and she sighed "Sorry..." I shrugged "It's okay." I mumbled. My mom noticed the tension "Let's get pizza?" She asked and me and Tilly being seven thought that that was amazing. "Yeah!" We both said and walked out of the arcade. (A/N OKAY I DONT  KNOW WHEN I ORIGINALLY WROTE THAT PART BUR IM PRETTY SURE IT WAS BEFORE THAT VAMPIRE MOVIE CAME OUT  WHEN JE WAS LIKE BLEH BLEH BLEH.)

I blink. "Hello Kamille?! I was just joking." Wyatt waved his hands in front of my face making me snap back to reality. "Oh sorry." I mumbled looking down embarrassed. "You spaced out a bit." I heard him say and my cheeks turned red. "Yeah." Is all I manage to say and I let out a yawn. "Well it seems like the rain died down." I tried to change the subject. "Yeah." Wyatt mocked me. "I'm going to bed now. Night." I laid back down and quickly turned to my side trying to avoid him. I felt tears swell into my eyes as I thought about my old life. If only my seven year old could see how vampires are now.