A Couple Days

Chapter 15
A Couple Days

It had been only a day since my denouncement of all things Wyatt. The first hour he didn't notice. The second, I saw him walking around the mansion looking for me but nothing major. By the afternoon Wyatt was utterly freaking out. I pride myself on being a stealthy hider so me avoiding Wyatt was cake. I embodied a spy and hid under the table as I watched him stop Carrie in the kitchen.

      "Where is she hiding?" He snipped.

      "W-Who?" Carrie was a bit scared, seeing as though the Vampire Prince was interrogating her.

      "The brat." Wyatt rolled his eyes.

      My mouth opened wide. I was not a brat! It took me everything to not get out from under that table but my self restraint kicked in. I couldn't wait to watch Carrie defend my honor and really give it to him.

       "The brat? Oh, you mean Kamille!" She laughed.

       My mouth opened wide again. Everyone in my life was traitorous.

     "Nope, haven't seen her. Have you checked the library?" Carrie asked continuing to clean the counters.

       "First place I looked." Wyatt sounded defeated.

        I felt sort of bad but I needed to learn the difference between an act of friendship and an act of attraction. Wyatt thanked Carrie and walked towards the living room. On his way, he stopped in front of the table I was under. I held my breath. Had I gotten caught so soon? I stared anxiously at his feet and didn't breathe again until I saw them walk away. It was close but he was no match for my stealthy ninja ways.

     *

     A decided to take shelter under the table. I managed to call Carrie over and sneak me some snacks and books from the library. She was not happy but I reminded her that I was the only person that would paint her toes. It was becoming dinner time and my stomach growled. I saw Carrie walk by the kitchen and decided to make my move.

"Pssst." I called.

She jerked her head my way and rolled her eyes. I saw Carrie look around the kitchen and then quickly make her way towards me. She leaned down to face me under the table and sighed.

"You're insane, you know that?" Carrie grumbled.

"I have to do this." I reassured myself.

"For what again? To create boundaries between you and Wyatt? He's gonna be so pissed when he finds out I know where you're hiding." She started talking to herself.

"Hey, no worries. Now, could you make me a peanut butter and jelly?" I say with a cheeky grin.

       "You're insane." She says teasingly.

      Carrie went back into the kitchen to make my sandwich. I'll do something for her later but right now I needed to stay low. She brought back the sandwich on the plate and a glass of water.

        "You're the best." I say taking a bite of the peanut butter and jelly.

"And you're insane." Carrie sang as she went back to kitchen.

Hours past and I guess I fell asleep reading my book because suddenly I felt myself be lifted up. My eyes squinted and blinked in the darkness only to see Wyatt's scowl.

"You're a pain in my ass." He whispered positioning me in that oh so familiar bridal position.

"What time is it?" I groggily asked shutting my eyes again.