A Few Disagreements

Chapter 11 - A Few Disagreements

Kamille's POV

Everyday my little crush grows. Harmless flirting is turning into much more for me. I can't even be around him without my heart beating fast.

At the moment we were arguing.

Wyatt is going to a party tonight and taking Erica. Which is completely idiotic. But that's none of my business.

"I don't see the big deal." Wyatt said frustration dripping from his voice.

"She's mean. Why take her out?" I asked calmly seeing he was already annoyed at something.

"Who else would I take?" He flopped down on his bed while I was staring down at the forgotten book.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Someone who isn't mean." It was only logical.

Wyatt let out a sigh and I didn't bother to look up from my book. I decided to get lost into the page again.

"The boy found a girl. The girl seemed to make the empty space smaller. The boy didn't know how to find more people to fill the space. For now the girl is enough. They stood at each other not talking. Until one spoke up. Voice scaring both of them from not hearing speech in a while. 'Hello'"

"Everyone is mean." I looked up at Wyatt's comment.

"Sure. But some people aren't as mean as others." I said and took in his features. His eyes were shut softly and he laid on his back, hands behind his head.

"Go to the party with me." His eyes opened as they peered down at me on the floor.

I blinked and my cheeks flushed. "You'll get yelled at." I said simply and looking back down at my book.

It'll never go as unnoticed if I went with him. His parents will be furious for taking me and people will talk because I'm a slave.

"So? I don't care."

I let out a laugh. "You will care when you're actually getting yelled at." I explained.

"It'll be worth it." Wyatt said and I looked back up to see his cheeks slightly red. I could practically feel my crush growing.

"Fine."

***

That night I put on the tightest dress ever. Carrie is actually really good at making dresses and has been working one. The one I'm wearing. When I had told her I was invited to a royal party she squealed and told me that she had just the dress.

The dress itself was gorgeous. It was light pink and went a little above my knee. It was sleeveless and jewels running down the middle.

Carrie also did my hair so it was in a high bun with a braid circling around it. She pulled out hair above my ears and curled it. She claimed that if she was a boy she would so date me.

I actually felt pretty and didn't mind the tightness of the dress. I was still in Carrie's room when Wyatt called for me. I assumed it was time to go.

Wyatt's parents had already left to go to the dinner party that the whole community of rich vampire snobs were attending.

I hugged Carrie goodbye and she wished me luck. When I walked into the living room Wyatt was standing there. In a tux. My heart stopped when his eyes landed on me.

Everything froze. His icy eyes flickered to fire but quickly back to ice.

Wyatt cleared his throat. "Shall we go?" I quickly nodded my head and walked towards him more.