A Few Dinners

✨💕 I've figured out how to post photos and such. So the photo above or on the side is what I think what the royal mansion would look like. It's totally up to your interpretation though. 💕✨

Chapter 5 ~ A Few Dinners

When I woke up the next morning I was slightly tired. I was up with Wyatt last night for about a half an hour. It wasn't too bad and I was used to it because I would always stay up on school nights and deal with getting up early. My mother always told me that I only needed eight hours of sleep. So I count how many hours of sleep I would if I went to sleep at that exact time.

If I was doing something interesting and was willing to lose a couple hours of sleep it wasn't that big deal. I think three hours was the least amount of sleep I've ever have. I would have a sick feeling from lack of sleep but coffee usually filled that emptiness in my stomach.

When I woke up though, Wyatt wasn't there. He never seems to be anywhere anymore. He's always gone in the mornings, sometimes during the day. Whenever I see Wyatt my heart does a jump and it's starting to worry.

I think I'm developing a crush on the person who is suppose to beat me and force me to do work. His parents have been making me do chores while he's gone but I don't really mind. Everyone has chores so it's not too different.

I sit up groaning from all the light peering in the once dark room. I could taste the slight morning breath in my mouth. I walked down the hall to the bathroom Wyatt and I share. His parents have their own and the other servants have one downstairs.

You'd think I would be consider as a servant but more like a pet. I grabbed my tooth brush from out of the handle. I was very strange when it came to brushing my teeth. Maybe even unhealthily.

After I finish brushing I usually brush my tongue. I then continue to swallow the brushed toothpaste on my tongue to make sure my throat is minty as well. I am very sensitive about bad breath.

I soon got dressed in the pink dress Carrie suggested when we went shopping. I looked at myself in the mirror and shrugged. The dress itself was beautiful, I wasn't. I felt fat, my face seemed to large.

"Kamille?" A small voice squeaked behind me. I turned to see a girl with tan skin, black hair and bushy eyebrows. "That's me." I answer back giving a small smile. "The queen would like you to cook dinner for the royal family tonight. They are having guest over." She spoke almost shaking. Did she fear I would be upset with her?

I never really cooked dinner before. The most I had ever made was ramen noodles for my family. Of course it was the beef flavor. "Dinner?" I made sure I heard her correctly. I began to stress and my fingers found there way to my knuckle hair and I started to pull the tiny hairs.

"Yes." The girl answered back softly and I could see regret in her eyes. Did I look nervous? Did I look scared? "Okay." I agreed letting out a sigh. "Great. The royal family has gone out for the day. You have until five tonight to finish cooking. G'day." The girl slightly bowed and left.

I'll never understand why people sometimes treat me like I'm royal. I'll get small bows and polite request. Wyatt told me it's because I'm a royal slave. Still I'm just a slave, royal or not.

I leaned against the counter thinking for a plan. Didn't they have cooks? I'll ask Carrie for some help. If only Tilly was here. I find myself saying that a lot lately. I wonder if Tilly finds herself saying it as well.

***

"Okay so you need to figure what you're making. I know for a fact that the prince loves crab legs." Carrie suggest leaning against the kitchen counter. My ears seem to listen well when hearing Wyatt is involved. "No too messy. It is the royal family and they have guest." I would never thought I would be so considerate to this dinner.