A Few Greetings

Chapter Four ~ A Few Greetings

I honestly hated meeting a person. I hated the casual "How are you?" because it's always the same answer. Good. Even when your not feeling good you just say good. It's boring, lame, yet we keep using the same greeting. As I stared at the women and the man next to her I was worried they treat me like everyone else. Like I'm worth nothing. Worthless. So when she greeted me with such kindess I was shocked. "Good evening dear, my names Beth. I can't imagine how you must be feeling but welcome to our home." You'd think she would be dressed up in a ball gown because of so much grace this scene has. She was wearing a red strapless cocktail dress which looked rather expensive. The man next to her was dressed in a suit and tie. He was rather quiet and shooting me glares. "You are my sons birthday present. He doesn't really like slaves but as a prince he needs to learn how to give orders." Beth informed me and my eyebrows raised when she said the word prince. He's a prince. So she's a queen and I'm a royal slave. I know it should sound like an honor but it isn't an honor to be anyones slave. It's a disgrace really.

"Wyatt. Come here!" Beth yelled loudly trying to get her sons attention. Oh so I'm meeting him now then. For some reason I wanted to make sure I looked okay, I am meeting a prince afterall. This is going to be incrediably awkward. I stared down at my knuckles. It sounds odd but I started picking the skin around my nail.

When I heard footsteps I looked up to meet the most goregous boy I've ever seen. I'd expect him to wear a suit since he was a prince but he only wore sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt. He stopped for a second when he saw me and looked nervous. "I didn't know we had company..." The boy spoke. His voice was quite husky and he raised an eyebrow at me. For that split second he stared at me I felt my heart stop. I never felt this way before, it was like when you go on one to many spinny rides a amusement park. Like it feels like your going to be sick. Oh god I'm going to be sick. My stomache was doing all kinds of flip flops, was I too nervous? "Wyatt, this is your slave." Beth spoke making me snap back into reality. Oh right I was a slave.

It's so quick how life can change, one moment I'm a girl, almost graduating high school, next I'm a slave standing in the same room as royalty. The boy stopped looking at me, and I would've found the look on his face priceless if it wasn't for the situation. It looked like his eyes were going to pop out of his head. "You didn't.." He growled now looking angry at me. Whatever feeling that was in his eyes before were replaced with anger and regret. "Take her back." He said rather rudely at his mom still studying me. "You know we can't do that son. I'm sorry but we got you this present, and she's your responsibility now." They talked about like I was some kind of pet. I wasn't a puppy they can buy for an eight year old birthday. At least the eight year old would actually like me.

I let out a yawn but quickly shut my mouth realizing how rude it was. Wait what am I saying? They deserve rudeness. "Take her up to your room and figure out where she's going to spend her days and nights." Beth said strictly before walking into another room with the mysterious man. I followed them leave with my eyes and then was scared to look back at my new owner. Would he still look at me with such hatred? I looked over at him to see he was already staring at me. Now with curiosity in his eyes. "C'mon. I'm thinking of letting you sleep on my floor. I'm not sure though." He spoke maybe more to himself. I nodded my head at the boy afraid I will get hurt if I spoke. He signaled for me to come closer and I did. My owner walked up the steps and I soon followed him after.

The steps were very long and gold. I was scared to ruin such cleaness by stepping onto the steps. I looked down carefully at my flats, lifting my foot up to make sure I had no dirt on them. I heard a small chuckle ahead of me and I looked up to see the back of this Wyatt guy. I began to think about my family as I walked up these perfect steps. Tilly would be squealing if she saw Wyatt, slave or not she'd still flirt with him. She got all the boyfriends.