A Couple of Lies

The kiss.

      Kamille suddenly sat up quickly. Why was she on her bed on the floor? Her lips still had a electrify feel but, could it have been a dream?

She looked over at Wyatt who was sound asleep for a vampire with no heart. Disappointment flooded her but realization hit. What did happen after the dance?

     Her dress was sitting on Wyatt's desk chair and new sleeping clothes was on her. Last night was a total blur. Kamille wondered if alcohol sneaked it's way in. Her hair was in knots and she figured she might as well get ready for the day.

     She stood and picked up clothes she was going to wear for the day. Her walk down the hall made her feel intoxicated. Her mind was spinning and Kamille was sure her walk was funny. Maybe she did have a hangover.

     Kamille changed her attire to leggings and a T-Shirt that had a pineapple on it. She put her hair up in a bun and pulled some baby hairs out to make it look messy. The only makeup she had was a tube of mascara that she smuggled in through her bra. Such a rebel.

After brushing her teeth, she finally came out of the bathroom. Her head didn't feel as heavy and her eyes were more wide. Wyatt's room was still dark meaning he was probably still sleeping. She opened the door but didn't find him in there.

Kamille put her clothes in Wyatt's hamper as usual and decided to go to the library. Before she left again Wyatt appeared leaning against the door. Kamille screamed.

"Now where do you think you're going?" Wyatt spoke mockingly.

Flashbacks of her dream came back. His lips, the door, confessing. She felt her pale cheeks brighten in pink.

"The library..." Kamille mumbled looking down and playing with her fingers nervously.

"Did you ask permission?" Wyatt said with a tone in his voice he would only use with a child.

Kamille's eyes widen. He was acting like she was a slave.

"But you n-never-"

"Relax Kamille, I'm joking."

She looked up suddenly and let out a nervous laugh.

"Oh.. Really funny." She said sarcastically.

Wyatt had his eyebrows raised and he pushed himself off the door. He was wearing plaid puffy pajama pants and a band shirt.

"You okay Kamille? You look a little red in the cheeks." Wyatt smirked and after a moment of silence he let out a laugh.

"I hate you." Kamille mumbled and walked towards the door so she could leave.

Wyatt used his vampire speed to grab Kamille's wrist quickly.

"What was that?" He asked, eyes darkening.

Kamille didn't know what was happening. He was acting so different this morning. Who knows if he was being serious or not so Kamille just smiled.

"Nothing. Can I go now?" She asked obediently like a dog.

Wyatt let go and was quickly on his bed. He nodded towards the door and Kamille quickly hurried.

"You can see Carrie if you want to." He called after her and Kamille gave a thumbs up.

•••***•••