CHAPTER [6] - I have a mate!

Start from the beginning

No way.

A thought flickered in his head.

His mate.

He'd never be able to meet his mate.

He never cared about the useless soulmate shit before, because it was just a privilege right in front of him that he could reach out to anytime he wanted; now that it was gone and out of his grasp, he finally realized how much he really yearned for his other half; how much he wanted to meet them and treasure them, how much he wanted to live a life in blissful ignorance where the other would pledge their life solely to him alone.

Never.

He refused to take in the words that filled the crippling doom of an atmosphere, his ears started ringing and he felt himself walking along a bridge growing thinner and narrower by the mere second.

"Mom.. this is a prank," He nervously laughed, his tone rid of any humor though. "Right? Right?" He held her arms again, putting hers into his as he tightly gripped them. Tell me this was just a long, horrible nightmare.

Cold sweat glistened on his furrowed brow. With hands clasped tightly in front of his stomach he constantly fiddled with his knuckles, weaving his fingers in and out of each other.

He was led to a corner of a cage, where he'd be given a life-sentence to excuse his selfish actions from before.

"I'm not marrying him." He spoke. "No, you can't force me."

"I'd rather fucking die!"

His whole life and future were thrown away by just a few words.

Was he worth so little that his own father would marry him off without wasting a breath, that his so-called best friend would just rush to get the news over and done with just so Damsel wouldn't cause a 'scene' ? The amount of pain and betrayal that parked at the entrance of his heart ate him up, how could his father give him such a long-awaited sign of affection and just throw him out not a second too late?

Was he just a nuisance around them?

That's right.

He was a fucking burden, always fucking everything up, always bringing trouble to the others over his unresolved childhood issues.

"No." Damsel shook his head slowly, his eyes rotten of any emotion, and his skin rid of color and pigment.

"NO!" He yelled, pushing his mother off of him in aggression, to which his father immediately cushioned her fall, he was about to start yelling until-

"I have a fucking mate, I'm not going to marry that son-of-a-bitch, I will never pledge the rest of my life binding my wolf to that asshat of all people-!"

"Damsel, stop being so narcissistic and self centered!" Matthew spoke up, "It's either you lose a mate, or everyone else in this already god-forsaken pack, are you seriously putting yourself over the 100 lives that you, yourself, put at risk because of your damned anger issues?"

Lose a mate?

Is it that simple for you?

Right, of course.

Marriages for humans are easy, you could just divorce if things don't work out, but for werewolves you were born for each other, it wasn't a marriage, it was
soul-binding, you could never return. The moment their wolves exchange their vows, is the moment their previous mate connections would entirely break off for good, mateless wolves would be driven to insanity whilst the traitor mate would still live on happily with a wolf that wasn't their other soul.