CHAPTER 4: Don't Joke Like That

A/N: Hello! I welcome myself back to the world of the undead. 😂 Sorry for my lack of updates. I deeply apologize, beloved readers. Alright! Let's hit this chapter! XD

THIRD'S PERSON'S POV
Confusion is a word to describe these three person's situations. How did their situation become this complicated? And, well... Their hearts are at stake.

Y/N accidentally let go of her bag she was holding from what she heard from her best friend, Asuna. But before she can even ask what Asuna said Kirito comes up from nowhere.

"What?" Kirito said with an unreadable expression on his face.

"K-Kirito? I-" You tried to apologize but your tongue seem stuck from the whole situation.

"Y/N.." Kirito said sadly.

"Wait.. Please.. Just listen to me."

"No. Listen." Kirito holds up his hands to stop Y/N from saying another word.

"Listen. I love you."

'Huh? W-what is happening?'  You asked yourself.

"I-I thou-.."

"W-wait. What's the meaning of this?" Asuna interrupts, confused.

"I-" Y/N tries to say something but have no idea what, her mind is a mess right now.

"It's okay, Y/N. I know you like Asuna. I just didn't know until now that Asuna feels the same about you." Kirito said.

"K-Kirito... I'm sorry." Y/N finally said.

"No. Don't say that. I'm fine." Then he faces Asuna. "Funny, right? How the two of us will be married, but our hearts belong to one person?" Kirito laughs bitterly and sadly.

"Yes. You can say that. But Ki-"

"Wait. I want you two to be happy. Really." Kirito looks down. "But.. What are going to do with this stupid marriage?"

But before Asuna can say anything Y/N stops them and speaks.

"Stop right there you two."

"Yes, Y/N?" They both asked you in unison.

"You're marriage doesn't need to stop."

Asuna and Kirito were shocked from they hear from Y/N.

"W-what? What do you mean by that, Y/N?" Kirito asked nervously.

"You two can proceed with your wedding."

"Y/N, what are you saying?" Asuna said while reaching up to Y/N. But Y/N stops her hand midway by holding hers and kisses it before placing it back to her.

Asuna shivers from the feeling of Y/N's lips on her hand. Upon seeing it, Kirito's eyes shows sadness and his lips twitches a little.

"I-.. I don't deserve your love. Both of you. I'm clearly not the person you should be with, Asuna and Kirito. If the elders (Sorry I'm not really familiar with SAO terms since I didn't finish watching it. Too bad.) arrange a marriage for you two it means it's important. I mean, they have a good reason behind it. For a good cause, I hope. And... Maybe you clearly meant for each other. " Y/N said as she looks at them, laughing a little then putting a serious expression.

"Please Y/N. Don't joke like that. It isn't funny." Asuna tries her best to change Y/N's mind.

"Let me speak, Y/N, Asuna." They both look in Kirito's direction.

"N-no. Don't." Y/N said again.

"Wait, Y/N. Just hear me out." Kirito tries to approach Y/N but she runs away.

"Y/N!!" Asuna and Kirito ran after her.

Y/N'S POV
Are they crazy? (No you are. XD) They said they both like me? When there will be a marriage between them? How will I allow myself to be the reason to break it? No. Never. (Are you listening to yourself right now? No. You're clearly not. Sorry for asking. XD)

This is so messed up. This is the situation I am afraid to happen, for us to have a fight and have a complicated situation. How will I deal with this? When I choose Asuna, Kirito will be hurt. When I choose Kirito the outcome will be the same. Whatever I choose this will end up one person in pain. I don't want that.

I can't stand myself to be happy while my other best friend in pain. Maybe... Maybe if I really go far away then they will try to be happy with each other's company.. with each other's arms..

I frown at my thought.

Somehow it hurts. Really, really hurts. But I don't know what else I can do. Or can I really do a thing? I'm just no one. They're important in this world. Maybe the hero of this virtual world. They should be together.

I run and run. I know they follow me and will try to find me, so I better en-...

A/N:
What could Y/N possibly be thinking?
Find out in the next chapter!

How are you all, wonderful humans? I hope you all are doing fine. As always, stay healthy and beautiful! Be safe!

And sorry for the short chapter. I have a fuckin' writer's block for about 3 months. WTF is wrong with my mind. XD By the way, thank you to those amazing readers who always read, vote, and continue to support me. I LOVE YOU ALL!

Jaa~

EDITED: 03/18/2021