CHAPTER 2: I Missed Her

THIRD PERSON'S POV
One week has passed since the night of your confession happened. (Or should I write the night of your rejection? XD) You did a lot of thinking about that night and decided to stay by Asuna's side even if it will torment and break you. You can't just leave her alone. You love her too much.

It's daylight when you wake up so you get up immediately to start your morning training. You are on your way to the forest when you meet Kirito along the way.

"Hey, Y/N!" He smiles and waves at you.

"Hey." You said plainly without energy.

"Y/N, you look drain. What have you been doing lately?" He looks at you, concern showing on his face.

"Nothing. Just.." You think of Asuna, that night is still fresh on your mind and heart.

"Just?" He said while waiting for your next words.

"Just. Nothing."

'Yes, nothing. I'm nothing to her.'  You thought to yourself.

"Y/N?" You snap off your thoughts when Kirito called you. You shake off your thoughts.

"Race you to the forest!" You shout and run.

"Hey! That's unfair!" He shouts back as he runs off too.

Minutes later, you feel Kirito's presence coming near you.

"You're so slow." You said while facing your back at him.

He didn't say anything. Instead, he tackles you.

*thug*

"Damn!"

"Who's slow now?" He starts to tickle you.

"S-stop! Haha!"

"No, no. I won't stop until you tell me what happen to you these past seven days."

"Ugh! C-come on! Haha! I told you I've done nothing."

"I know you, Y/N. You always do out-of-the-blue things whenever you don't want to tell something. C'mon, I won't let you go away with it. Just tell me already." He continuously tickles me.

"I g-give u-uupp. HAHA!"

"You'll tell me?"

You didn't answer so he tickles you harder.

"O-okay, okay! I'll tell you! Just s-stop! Stop already!"

Before Kirito can reply you hear a voice, an angelic voice.

"I saw you and Kirito running. Are you okay? What happened?" Asuna said as she breathes in and out raggedly.

You and Kirito looks at each other, then at Asuna.

"Well?" She raises an eyebrow.

You sigh. You push Kirito a little and get up.

"Nothing. Haha!" You laugh and smile widely at Asuna.

"It wasn't nothing." Kirito said as he stands up.

Asuna looks at him intently and seriously. "What do you mean?"

"It's a secret, Asuna." Kirito moves closer to Asuna and winks.

"Oh? Why keep it a secret?"

"It's something which doesn't fit for a wonderful girl like you." He moves his arm to Asuna's shoulders as they continue talking.

But Asuna looks at you. But you look away.

Y/N'S POV
I look away. Why not? Because I'm jealous of them. Maybe... Uhmm no. I think they like each other. I think Asuna is the one Kirito likes. Who am I to break them apart? In fact, I should help them to be together, right? I should be happy for them and not let my feelings hinder their love.