CHAPTER 14: Her Condition

THIRD PERSON'S POV
"Can't you see you're hurting me?" Asuna asked you, her eyes in the brink of tears, her voice cracking.

What she asked you made your heart break into pieces. You felt a pang of guilt. You never want to intentionally hurt her. You looked away. You couldn't look at her, knowing you are to blame of her affliction.

"I don't know what you're talking about." You tried to deny again.

Asuna said nothing. She's just staring at you as tears freely fall from her eyes and down her rosy cheeks.

You step backwards, you want to run away but the guilt inside you is great that it's preventing you to do so. Sure, you're in pain too but that doesn't mean you can cause them, more importantly her, what pain you've felt back then.

"Please, Y/N...." Asuna cried harder, her face now in the palm of her hands.

"I..." You began to speak, not sure what to say. (A: Apologize to her, bruhhh!)

"Don't do this to her, Y/N." Kirito spoke, his eyes showing sadness.

"Asu-" You were about to approach her but Sinon stopped you , holding your wrist.

"Are you sure about this?" She whispered. "I know you've made up your mind, but I don't want to see you in pain again." She said with sadness and gentleness in her voice.

You breathe deeply making your mind calm a bit. "Pain is a fragment of life, of love. Something I should have realized sooner." You calmly said.

"If you say so." She let go of you.

"Thank you for always supporting me, Shi." You hugged her. You felt Sinon nod against your shoulder.

You turn to face them. You breathe in again deeply. "Let's go inside." You gestured. "Go ahead inside, Shi and Kirito."

You approached Asuna who's now her head hung low. "Asuna..." You called her name softly.

She looked up at you, her cute cheeks glistening with tears. You softly brushed her tears away which made her cry even more. "Y/N...." She cried out your name.

You hugged her tightly as she hugged you back. She sobbed against your shoulder as you rubbed her back making her calm down. "Shh. I'm sorry. Sorry..."

She hugged you tighter, not wanting to let go. This made you smile, feeling warm inside.

"Let's go inside first and we'll talk. Okay?" You said, brushing her cheeks lovingly.

Your gesture earned a blush from her but she nodded. You hold her hand as you guide her inside, in the living room where Sinon and Kirito already are. You see them sitting far from each other. Sinon is looking above while Kirito is staring at her occasionally. 'These two.' You smiled.

You and Asuna sit on the couch. You sit beside Sinon and Asuna beside Kirito. "So..." You started.

You looked at Kirito, indicating that you want him to speak and tell what he wanted to ask you.

He sighed and speak. "Are you really, Y/N?"

You looked above momentarily and took a deep breath. "Yes."

"And?"

You tilted your head at him. "And?" You asked him back.

"Don't give me that. You know, you have a lot to tell us."

"So do you." You smiled. "But before that..." You stand up and approach him. "I missed you. Give me a hug." You open your arms wide.

This made Kirito smile widely. He stands up and hugged you. "I missed you too."