CHAPTER 8: I'll Fight For Her

THIRD PERSON'S POV
"Asuna!" Kirito shouted.

Kirito carried Asuna bridal style. (Because why not? They just got married XD.) He decided to flee from the scene. They have the biggest disadvantage in this because they are surrounded by the enemies, not to mention they only have the elders by their side, not any fighter.

"Asuna, we have to flee. I don't want you to get hurt." Kirito said softly, his eyes showing sadness as he remembered what he promise to you.

-----------------------------------------

"You really gave your all today huh? Who is it for?" Kirito asked, smiling a little.

"For myself, of course. Who do you think it is for? For you?" You smirked.

"Hmm. No. But maybe for a certain woman." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

You laughed, looking away. "Who? I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh yeah?" He said with a teasing tone.

"Yeah." You answered plainly.

"Not for a certain brown-haired woman?"

'Damn Kirito.' You thought to yourself.

"Who?" You asked, playing dumb.

"You know who I'm referring to." He nudged my side.

"Don't make me laugh. It's not for anyone but myself." You rolled your eyes at him.

"You suuuuuure?"

"A hundred percent."

"Oooookay, oookay, if you say so." He smiled.

They sat there, quiet for a minute then you speak.

"Kirito..." You called him quietly.

"Yes?"

"Remember our promise together? I mean about Asuna." You lookep up, staring at the vast blue sky filled with clouds.

"What about it?"

"That if one of us die, we'll do our best to protect her until the end?"

"Hmm."

"I mean it, if one day I die promise me you will not let anyone, ANYONE, to hurt her." You emphasized the word 'anyone' to him.

"What if I die first?" He questioned, looking at you.

"That will never happen. I pledge to die first before you and Asuna." You said, stifling a laugh.

"What?!" He answered in disbelief, with his eyes wide and mouth agape.

"You heard me." You joked.

"That's not even funny, Y/N."

"It is actually. If only you can see the look on your face. That was priceless." You laughed.

"HA HA." He laughed sarcastically. "But seriously, where is this coming from?"

"I don't know. I just feel like saying it to you again. In case you forget."

"I'll never forget about it even if I want to."

"Oh? And why is that?"

"Because..." He paused. "Because that's the part I don't want you to know."