CH 2: New beginnings & Hot Strangers

Start from the beginning

After dropping whats-his-face at the  office I scurried off to class, with my books in hand not wanting to receive a detention slip.

I have never gone to detention nor have I ever gotten a late slip.

Running into history class, I spotted a desk at the back of the room. Until I saw Abbie wave me over to sit next to her. After she shooed away a random girl. I plopped down in the seat.

The only class that I genuinely enjoyed and we had to be in the same one this year?

This day couldn't get any worse.

Abbie Henderson has always been the leader in my group of friends. She ruled the social hierarchy. Basically she was a cloned version of Regina George from Mean Girls in our school.

As you wouldn't have expected I was also in the popular group. Not by choice. I wasn't one to strive in standing out so I just blended in yet my friends were the complete opposite. As much as I hated it.

Most people saw me as one of her followers and there was never any one in the limelight but Abbie nor did anyone try to defy her. She was captain of the cheer leading team and aimed to always be superior than everyone else. She always looked out for me which is why I still considered her a friend.

"Hey Abbie, how was your sum--woah! what the hell happened to your boobs and why do they look like balloons about to pop?" I said to her, my eyes the size of bowling balls.

My blonde haired friend smiled at me triumphantly."Hey you, I got them done over the summer in France, heard they had the best plastic surgeons, you like?" she said.

Abbie Henderson was also ridiculously rich as her father owned half the mall strips in the state. She was also one of the biggest sluts and known to be a demonic psychopath when it came to tormenting other students so they'd know their place.

And wait for it... one of my brothers recent girlfriend. He was going through a rough time at the end of the summer and Abbie being Abbie took advantage of his state. He didn't mind though. But my brother and I never interfered in each other's love life ( mostly him seeing as I'd never had one) so I had no say in this temporary relationship.

I did not want to cause any drama especially with her.

I heard numerous rumors from the gossip group that the only reason they were friends with me was because I had a pretty face and a sexy brother.

Sadly it was true while they were all athletes and cheerleaders I preferred spending my time writing articles or painting, while they liked to sleep around with random guys and attend numerous parties, I liked to stay cooped up in my bedroom and watch netflix all day, while they also liked to cake their face with makeup and wear clothes small enough for toddlers, I liked my clothing comfortable and stuck with my natural beauty.

Oh! and never forgetting my good o'l sense of humor which was mostly sarcasm.

Anyway, I thank the cupid gods they broke off before school started as seeing them making out every day, made me nearly yank my hair off. Even though it was her longest running relationship I was glad it was over.

"Okay. You're speechless. That means its eye catching," she woke me out of my trance with her freshly manicured nails.

"Yeah it looks really..er..plastic."

She giggled in a high pitched tone. "Oh Shay, still the funny one," she said pinching my cheek pouting out her bottom lip as if I were younger than her.

"How's the big brother? Still upset about me breaking it off, huh?"

"Ugh... I thought he broke up with you-"

"Tsk. I bet he still is," she interjected before I could finish my sentence and anyone heard what I was about to say. Another factor of talking with Abbie was that there were a ton of staring faces and big ears eavesdropping so you'd have to think twice before you speak.

Just then our History teacher for this year walked in. To make matters worse, it was Mr Grompee. No seriously. I burst into laughter when I heard it too, poor kid right?

Must have had an awful childhood, no wonder he's so grumpy. Chuckling at the pun I just created, all heads turned to mention since the class already started.

"Oh snap,"I said to myself inwardly looking down and letting my thick hair cover my face.

"What was that miss Taylor? Would you care to share with the class what's so funny?" He said while glaring at me his glasses perched at the end of his long nose.

"Your face," my inner demon told me to say.

"Um..." was all I could muster up daring not to look into his eyes.

"You would? Well then you may do so after my class. Like I was saying students in the 18th century....." blahblahblah.

I had decided to begin my work during the summer since I didn't have a life and hated going out nowadays. I was five units ahead and he also knew that which is why he chose to ignore it when I plugged in my earphones and blasted Adele's new album. Slouching back in my seat I waited for the lesson to end.

Thankfully I had a friend in each one of my classes, but the only true girlfriend that I considered was Jemimah Dolton. She was also part of Abbie's inner circle along with me yet she was original in her own way and we were a lot alike. Our families had grown really close, so she was with me even throughout the trauma I faced. I was lucky to have her.

I spotted her standing at my locker talking up a storm with a few jocks before they walked off. I attempted approaching her with lots of enthusiasm. "Hey Jay."

"SHAY HI! I haven't seen you in forever!"she hollered loudly. Did I mention that she was the most energetic and ecstatic person I've ever met.
Yeah, no kidding.

Her usual self acts as if she drinks 10 cups of coffee each morning except without the eye twitching effect. She was a live wire 24/7, that one.

"No need to scream it in my ear, jeez! and I just saw you yesterday," I retorted back looking at her dryly.

"Whatevs! BT dubs have you heard about the new piece of meat in school, he's a senior Shay including his brother who I need more info on, no doubt Abbie will be grabbing him soon. I also heard he's such a gentleman which means he's a definite player. Scratch that. He's a manwhore. He was also referred to as a bad boy since he has a criminal record and he used to live in the city, and he's secretly a Greek god in human form, and he works for the CIA but I doubt that's true. OH! and his name is so bad ass."

She tapped her chin thoughtfully.

"It's Ryder. Ryder Haynes."

------------
A/N:
So that's the second chapter lovelies! The first few chapters will be abit bit cringe and are in need of heavy editing cause I wrote them ages ago when I was younger. But keep on reading cause I know you'll love the storyline and its plot twists!

Comment and Vote or mail me any suggestions.

Emma x