Chapter 44 - Decepticon Day

Vaughan sat on Jazz's shoulder with worry as everyone gathered in the command center. Sunstreaker was pacing nervously, swinging his arms in the air as he rambled. 

"I knew the humans would turn on us someday! They're such undependable creatures, such inferior life forms!" He complained. 

"What do we look like to you, Sunny?" Vaughan asked, an eyebrow cocked. 

"I'm not so sure Sunstreaker. Some of my best friends are humans." Bumblebee smiled, looking down at Spike. 

"You and me both Bumblebee." Jazz grinned. 

"The Decepticons are obviously up to something. You guys have never done anything like that. They are the ones stealing Earth's resources!" Vaughan stated. 

"We've got to expose the Decepticons, but how?" Optimus asked. 

"But what can we do?" Margret asked.

Teletraan-1 suddenly went off, the noise of its alarm echoed across the room. Wheeljack ran over, typing some things on the console. 

"The external security has been breached." said the engineer.

"Bring it up on screen." Optimus ordered.

Wheeljack nodded as he turned his attention back to the computer, an image appearing on the screen. The image was the landscape right outside the Autobot's base. Only this time around is was lined with military tanks.

"What the heck?!" Vaughan squealed with shock. 

"Autobots! This is Shawn Burger, surrender at once!" a man spoke over a loud speaker. 

"Who the heck is Shawn Burger?" Vaughan asked. 

"He ran against the mayor for the position but lost. What's he doing talking on screen?" Spike asked in reply. 

"Let's find out." Optimus answered. 

Jazz gently set the girl down on the floor as he followed the rest of his Autobot friends outside, the humans quickly trailing behind them. He stuck his hand out, signalling them to stop once they were at the entrance. 

"You folks wait here. No telling how this will go down." Jazz warned. 

Vaughan was reluctant, but obeyed her partner. She and the others stayed put as Jazz ran over to catch up with the other Autobots as they confronted the tanks. 

"Disarm and surrender!" Burger ordered. 

"Great Cybertron!" Bumblebee whistled in surprise. 

Three tanks emerged from the group, lowering the pipes and aimed them right at the Autobots. 

"If you can't join'em, beat'em." Ironhide growled as he and Cliffjumper bawled their fists. 

"Negative!" Optimus spoke up, raising his hand at the two of them. "We must not stoup to their level. Megatron isn't going to defeat us this easily."

A blue helicopter flew over head, hover near the event that was taking place. Vaughan huffed as she crossed her arms. Looks like the press wants front row seats too. 

"We will only surrender to a legitimate law enforcer Mr. Burger." said Optimus.

Vaughan grinned at the sight. As long as that was the case, those tanks couldn't touch them. Until....

"Optimus Prime, this is the mayor." He spoke through the loud speaker. 

Aw crap!

"You are all under arrest. All Autobots are under arrest!"