Chapter 38 - Who Is Remix?

Jazz raced out of his room and down the hall, Vaughan holding a tight grip on his shoulder. As he entered the command centre, Optimus was still there, and so was Ratchet, Bumblebee, Spike and Sparkplug. Everyone else had left.

Well it's better telling a few than no one at all.

"Guys! Something big is about to go down!" Jazz exclaimed as he rushed in.

"What is it Jazz?" Optimus asked.

"Is it the Decepticons again? So soon?" Spike asked.

"No, no, no! Nothing like that--" Jazz shook his helm and hands. "--well sort of. Anyways, Vaughan just discovered something. Tell them what you told me Vaughan." Jazz let his hand out, placing the girl gently on the floor so she could look up at everyone.

"Listen, I don't know exactly how to say this." she began.

"You can tell us Vaughan." Sparkplug assured.

"Whatever you need to say, we're here to listen." said Bumblebee.

"Thanks you guys. Listen. somehow in some weird way, me, a Decepticon experiment, and a Cybertronian are some how... connected." Vaughan explained.

The three Autobots and two humans exchanged glances with each other before looking back at the girl and her Autobot partner.

"Define connected." Ratchet spoke.

"The Decepticons kidnapped me and tried to use me in some project of theirs that they called Project: Remix. Remix was also the name of a Cybertronian musician, and she had soundwave powers just like I do now." Vaughan explained.

"Wait..... what?" Spike scratched his head.

Everyone seemed to look confused. Vaughan worried that she didn't word the situation out properly. But Optimus on the other hand seemed to be deep in thought.

"O-Optimus?" She asked nervously.

Optimus didn't say anything. Instead, he turned around and walked to Teletraan-1. He typed in a few things, and a series of images popped up. Photos, news reports, and a few videos.

"Is this who you're talking about?" He asked.

"Yes, that's her!" Vaughan exclaimed.

"Wait a nano click! You mean Remix? As in THE Remix?!" Bumblebee yelled.

"Yep indeed Bumblebee. One of Cybertron's hottest music performers." said Jazz.

"Remix was one of Cybertron's most famous celebrities. Her music and herself in general was loved by Cybertronians alike." Optimus explained.

"Wait, was? What do you mean was?" Vaughan asked.

"Right before the war started, Remix was at the top of her game. Performing shows left and right, writing music. But then....." Jazz began, but stopped, looking uneasy.

"Jazz? What's wrong?" Vaughan asked, looking up at the Autobot.

"She was killed in action." A voice spoke up.

Everyone turned to see Prowl leaning against the entrance way of the room. Once all optics and eyes were on him, he stepped forward, making his way to the center of the room.

"Killed?!" Vaughan gulped.

"I was the one who was given the case. I was a police officer back on Cybertron after all." he spoke.

"Care to enlighten us Prowl?" Optimus asked.

The officer nodded, folding his arms. "Just a few cycles before the war officially began, Remix and her band mates were packing it in after one of their shows. They gave their crew mates off, giving them time to rest and relax while they packed up the instruments and their equipment. While they were packing up, the buildings alarms went off and someone killed them all in cold energon."