Chapter 14 - Fight Back

The drive back to the Ark for the Autobots was long and tiring.

Given the extent of their injuries, it wasn't even for them to travel. Everyone arrived back at base later that afternoon and when Ratchet and Sparkplug saw the Autobots in their weakened state, they were just in shock. Bumblebee was the first one to arrive in the medical bay, not suffering from any injuries. Sparkplug and Vaughan got out first, running towards the oldest human in the room.

"Ouch! You guys look like the guests of honour at a demolishion derby." said Sparkplug.

"Dad! You and Ratchet have got to put the Autobots back together!" Spike pleaded.

"We don't have much time!" Vaughan added with extra worried.

Slowly, one by one the Autobots transformed back into their robot modes, sitting or laying on the floor and up against the wall, they sure were beat.

"You guys are in pathetic shape." said Ratchet.

"Oooow, that's a very sensitive judgement." Sunstreaker replied while checking his arm.

Vaughan glanced over at Chip who wheeled himself out of Bumblebee, looking around at the Autobots with an upset look on his face. "This is all my fault. Megatron would have never gotten his hands on it if I hadn't memorized it."

"Don't say that Chip." Vaughan replied as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "We'll work something out."

"Besides, there's no way they could have erased your brain." Wheeljack spoke up as he walked towards the human group. "I have a much better use for it. There's a little project I've been working on and I think you two could help."

********

Spike and Chip went off to help Wheeljack with his project while Vaughan volunteered to stay behind and help her uncle Sparkplug and Ratchet with the repairs. Once Ratchet and Sparkplug were finished with the Autobots repairs, they looked good as new. Better even.

"Hey Sunstreaker!" Sideswipe called out to his brother. "You, me, arm wrestling."

"You are so in for it." Sunstreaker grinned.

With one arm behidn their backs, and their good hands holding onto each other, they begun their little match. Some of the Autobots watched them, while the rest were having their own little conversations.

Vaughan smiled at the sight, glad that they Autobots were becoming their normal selves again. She turned around and noticed that she was standing next to Jazz. He was stretching out his arms to see if they'd work.

"How are you feeling Jazz?" I asked.

He stopped and looked down at his human friend. He smiled and knelt down beside her. "I'm doing alright. You did a spankin' job of repairing me and the others."

"It's no big deal. Ratchet and Sparkplug are better mechanics then I am." Vaughan replied. rubbing the back of her head as she smiled cheaply.

"Don't say that Vaughan. You were a naturally. If anything I'm glad it was you who was operating on me instead of Ratchet. He can be a real grump sometimes." Jazz teased.

Vaughan couldn't laugh at the comment Jazz made. She left like she had become best friends with Jazz more than any of the other Autobots. It didn't mean she didn't like the others, of course she did! But there was just something about Jazz that made them click.

"Hey everyone, listen up!" Ratchet yelled.

Everyone stopped what they were doing as they all looked up at Ratchet who was over at Teletraan-1. "Teletraan-1 just picked up the Decepticons. They're on their way!"