Chapter 28 - Animals

After a long nights sleep at the hospital, Vaughan was finall checked out at 9:00am the next morning. 

Spike and Sparkplug came by to pick her up, happy to see her up and about again after being unconcious for a week. Not knowing if she would take worried them to the fullest. The nurses that took care of Vaughan during her stay helped her down to the lobby where her cousin and uncle were waiting. 

Vaughan smiled at the sight of the two of them, esspcially her uncle Sparkplug. It was good to see him out of the mind controling hands of the Decepticons. This made her wonder, how did the Decepticons aquire that kind of technology? Sure she's seen them in action for the last few months, and they've never used anything like it before. But they've been fighting in a war for millions of years, considering that the Cybertronians have a much longer life span than the human race. 

"Guys!" She smiled, the two running over to greet her. 

Spike hugged his cousin while Sparkplug ruffled her hair. "It's good to see you cous'." said the boy.

"You too cousin." Vaughan giggled, fixing her hair as Spike moved away. 

"We got a present for you." Sparkplug was carrying a bag with him, and pulled out Vaughan's laptop. 

She gasped at the sight as she snatched it from his hands and hugged it tightly. She completely forgot that she left her stuff at the base, right before it went up in fumes by the volcanic eruption. 

"The Autobots held onto it for you. They figured you'd get a heart attack if that thing didn't survive." said Sparkplug. 

"When they're right, they're right." Vaughan shurrged. 

The three thanked the nurses as Spike took Vaughan's own bag with her, containing a spare of change of clothes and her iPhone, and they went out of the lobby and back into the fresh air of the city. Vaughan breathed in, taking it in. It was good to be outside again. 

"While you were gone, you've been getting a bunch of notifications from Skype." said Spike.

"Wait, you were on my laptop?" Vaughan asked as she clutched the device tight in her hands. 

"No, I wouldn't touch 'your precious'." Spike teased, mimicking that raspy and high pitched voice of a character from Lord of The Rings. 

"It was from your phone while you were out. From a bunch of people really, I think their names were Daphine, Josh,--"

"My friends back home!" the girl realized, interupting her uncle. 

"Yeah, I guess they were trying to get in touch with you after all this craziness happened." said Spike as he and Vaughan hoped into the passenger seats of Sparkplug's truck while the adult climbed into the drivers seat.

Vaughan smiled. It was good to hear that her old friends were concerned about her well being. But a frown came upon her. If they were trying to call her for the entire week she was out, they must think that she's--- she's---

"I should call them." Vaughan pulled out her phone, only for it to show the battery sigh of death on her screen. "Dang it, out of battery!" 

"Sorry about that. I didn't have the kind of speaker that also charged your phone at the same time." Sparkplug apologized.

"That's okay uncle Sparkplug. I'll just use my laptop when we go to-- Wait where are we going?" Vaughan asked. 

"We're meeting the Autobots. It sounds like the lava did less damage to the base then we originally thought." Spike answered.

"So it's not destroyed?" Vaughan clarified.

Spike shook his head. Vaughan sighed with relief. "Thank you Ironhide." she grinned.