s i x

Hailey woke up, wrapped in a blanket in Bella's arms

Hailey woke up, wrapped in a blanket in Bella's arms. "Where are we?" She muttered while yawning.

Bella looked down at her, "Jake's house."

Hailey looked up at her, brows furrowed. "I don't like Jake." She informed her. The small girl peeked up to see the small red home.

"I know but he acted that way because something was wrong." Bella shifted her to be able to knock on the door. "I now know what's wrong."

The door opened. Billy looked up at the two. "Bella?"

Bella looked down at him with determination. "I need to see Jake."

Billy looked up at her, "he isn't home." He said.

Hailey looked down at him. "Is he really? Or does he not want to see Belle?" Hailey accused.

Billy looked over towards the small child before they heard footsteps. They all turned and saw Jacob, besides him stood Paul, Sam, Embry and Jared.

Bella set Hailey down, grabbing her hand and walked towards them. Hailey followed her, hands tightened on the small blanket.

From her place, Hailey could see that they were glaring at Jacob who tried to talk to them. "Bella, there is nothing to see here. You should go home." Sam said sternly.

Hailey hid behind her leg, avoiding eye contact. Bella however stood her ground, "no. I'm not leaving until either Jacob tells me what is wrong or you tell me what you did to him."

Paul stepped towards her, glaring. "What we did to him?" He practically growled.

Jacob steppes in front of Bella. Sam glances down towards the hidden child before stepping between them. "Calm down, both of you. There is a child." He almost ordered.

"She knows things," Jacob began before glancing down at Hailey. "She can help." He finishes knowing that they all knew what he was talking about.

"Like the leech lover is going to help us." Paul growled out in anger. Jacob snapped back at him.

Bella not wanting Hailey to see this then decided to give up. "It's okay, Jacob. I'll go." She quickly picked up Hailey, backing up at the sight of them both shaking.

Despite this they were beyond reason. Soon, the fight became physical. Jacob pushed Paul, sending him back. This pisses Paul out. He stands, his body shaking violently, growling.

Hailey whimpered but seemed to go unnoticed by everyone except Bella who became worried. Quietly she whispered to her a quick let's go.

Just as Bella backed away Paul falls forward but halfway to the ground there's a loud ripping noise and soon silver-gray fur stands in place of the once man. Paul transformed into a wolf ready to attack.

There is a small cry, "Belle, I'm scared!" Hailey cried out making the silver wolf turn towards her. Their eyes locked together. Paul froze.

This however didn't stop Jacob from attacking him in his now wolf form. The two wolves crash into each other, snarling and ramming one another. The sound is deafening. Their teeth flash at each other's throats.