t w e l v e

The answer is no

The answer is no. She could not forgive Bella.

The older brunette let out huff, throwing down the brown jacket. "Hailey, I already told you," The pinched the bridge of her nose. "This is important to me. Let's go, please."

Hailey, who had ran off, appeared above the staircase. "If it's so important then you can just run off again!" She yelled back at her, voice cracking.

Bella looked up at her apologetically. "Hailey, I promise I won't run off again." She began to move slowly up the stairs.

The younger girl saw this and made a run for her room, "I don't want to go anywhere with you! I want papa Charlie or Paul!" Her voice muffled from behind her closed door.

Bella walked towards her room, knocking softly. "I had no other choice-."

Hailey quietly cried, hand covering her mouth. She took a deep breath before speaking. "Did someone tell you to not call papa Charlie?" Hailey asked.

At times like this Bella hated how much Hailey acted older than she was. She loves her sister so much but why is she able to say the right thing at the right time?

Bella leaned her head against the door. She responded with a soft no. There is no point in lying, either way both answers are wrong already. If she had said yes then Hailey would go to Charlie and make an even bigger deal out of everything. Then if she found out she lied Hailey would get angry at her again. If she said no then Hailey will still be mad.

It was a losing game.

The younger girl got up and went to her bed, she hugged her pillow. "Go away. You can move away from the door or leave again." Hailey said. "Either way it's nothing new to you."

Bella let out a sigh and stood up straight. "Alright, I'll leave but I'll be in my room if you need me..."

"I needed you both times that you left..."

With that Bella made her way to her room. Getting Hailey back on her side was not going to be easy. She was determined to do whatever she had to just to get her back on her side.

Just as she closed the door she saw Edward sitting on her bed. He gave her a sad smile and opened his arms. Bella rushed to him and welcomed his embrace. Tears finally falling.

Edward whispered apologies. After all, it was technically his fault. He had unknowingly caused this fight between the two sisters. If he hadn't listened to Jacob and called at a later time he wouldn't have had that misunderstanding. Bella wouldn't have went to Italy to rescue him.

I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.

Edward was not sure if Hailey was trying to convince herself that she hated Bella or if she wanted to say that to Bella and maybe him.

Bella finally looked up at him, moving out of his arms. "What are you doing here?" She finally asked, wiping her eyes.

Golden eyes observed her as her lip trembled slightly, her eyes red. "Alice said you might need me." He spoke softly.

Bella turned away and nodded. Obviously it had to be Alice who told him to come. To make it worse, she made him come after being the reason she and her sister have this strain in their relationship.

Edward patted the bed and watched her get comfortable. "I'm sorry." He said, eyes watching her every movement.

She closed her eyes. "She just needs some time alone." Bella muttered, her face buried into her pillow that she held towards her chest.

Maybe she didn't need to me alone. Maybe she wanted Bella to walk in and hold her close, to assure her that she wasn't going anywhere. Hailey had not locked the door, all Bella had to do was twist the doorknob and walk in.

"Perhaps I can try to talk to her."

Bella sat up, looking at him with hesitation. "I- I don't think that's a good idea." She looked away from him, leaning her back against the headrest.

The vampire looked slightly offended. "Is there something wrong with me talking to her?" He questioned. Surely she can't be hesitant because he's a vampire. He had shown great control over his thirst, he had not harmed any person since his rebellious stage.

"It's just-" She made nervous hand gestures. "Well, she's not a big fan of you right now. I tried to get her that meet you but she just...she's not comfortable with that yet."

Edward slowly blinked. Hailey wasn't comfortable meeting him? She doesn't even know him, how can she be uncomfortable already? Sure he had- no, now he understands why she would be uncomfortable with meeting him. If his siblings had done what Bella did for their lover, as humans of course, he would be angry as well.

Slowly he nodded. "Alright, but maybe she'd be more comfortable with Alice or Esme." He looked at her. "Maybe even Rosalie."

Bella shook her head. "Alice and Esme, maybe. Rosalie, however-. She hates me, I don't want my sister to be hated as well." She looked away from him.

"I could talk to them tonight and they can come over tomorrow if your father approves." He said, brushing her hair away from her face.

Edward knew for a fact that not one woman from his family could hate the small child. Alice was a child herself. Esme had mother instincts and would absolutely love a child and Rosalie... Rosalie would also love the small Swan.

"Get some sleep." He kissed her forehead and moved away. "I have to go but I'll come back later, okay?"

Bella nodded with a small smile. And just like that he was gone. Perhaps having Alice, Esme, and even Rosalie will be good for Hailey. All that is left is to hope that Charlie approves of this meeting.