t w o

Small footsteps tapped the clear white tile floor of the airport

Small footsteps tapped the clear white tile floor of the airport. The blazing hot sun hitting the large crowd. A small hand clenched in fright at the thought of getting lost. "Mama, why am I going to live with papa?" Hailey asked. Bright brown eyes glanced up at the childish woman.

"Bella needs you right now." Renée, mother of Bella and Hailey, said. The young girl nodded with a wide smile.

"Why aren't you going with me?" She questioned. Her arm wrapped tightly around a Belle doll. The one thing that she had to remember her sister who she hasn't seen in a very long time.

"I have to stay here with Phil." Renée said and looked down at the small child. They stood infront of a young woman who would take Hailey to Charlie.

Hailey's eyes started to water at the thought of not being with her mother. "I want you to come with me, mama." She cried and rubbed her teary eyes. Renée stroked her light brown hair.

"I can't go." She explained to the child through she felt a bit awkward at the way the child was behaving. Usually, Bella would be the one to care and attend to the small child.

Hailey was young but she had learned to survive in her own way. For breakfast she would eat cereal or when her mother was home and not with Phil she would get pancakes. For lunch, the girl would make herself a sandwich; in rare occasions her mother would make her some alphabet soup her personal favorite. Dinner was more plain. Seeing as her mother was often behaving like a child and didn't know how to cook she would often eat cereal or on special occasions she would get enough for chicken nuggets shaped as dinosaurs.

All in all, Hailey was capable of surviving without the need of her mother and her stepfather. This didn't mean that she was grown, a child still needs care and affection of a mother, which her own cannot give her. Hailey loved her with all her heart even if it was small but due to her mother being somewhat of a child she didn't get good meals, she didn't get enough compassion, she can't grow without feeling like she needs to carry the weight of her mother.

Hailey then raised her small eyes, a pout on her lips, "okay, mama. Will you come visit?" Hailey asked and grip on her mother's shirt. Renée flinched at the question that is when Hailey knew she wouldn't see her for a long while.

"We must go now." The woman said and held her hand out to Hailey who hesitated to take it. Renée lightly pushed her forward.

"Go on. I'll see you soon." Renée awkward smiled at that promise. Hailey didn't seem to notice as she smiled brightly and gripped on the womans hand.

"Bye, mama."

[Don't hate me😣. Here is a short chapter. I am working on my other stories so more to come. And yes, Renée seems like a bad mother but seeing as she can't even remember where her phone charger is I believe she wouldn't be able to properly care for a child. So yeah, hope you enjoyed it.]