"Trouble in paradise?" Says the man. I look at him and know my eyes turned a different color. I was angry, furious all the work I did to try and get Penelope to like me was thrown away. She wasn't ready to find out and now she probably hates me. I try to near him but in a blink of an eye he was gone. My anger was over the moon at this point but I turned around to see Penelope. She looked at me and then started walking away quickly. I breathed in trying to control my anger and after a second I try to catch up with her.

"Penelope please let me explain." I say while walking behind her. At this point I forgot all about the picnic and left it there, I could come later today and pick it up. Right now my main worry was Penelope.

I grabbed her by the arm to stop her from walking and she wouldn't even look at me. "Penelope please just give me a chance to explain." She finally turned to look at me and I saw the unshed tears in her eyes.

"Are you really a w-werewolf?" She says with a quavering voice. She looks at me telling me with her eyes to say this is all fake and that the guy was just playing a joke on her.

I look at her and slowly nod by head, knowing that there was no point in hiding it now. She looks at me turns around and continues walking. I follow her and see her start to walk next to the road. "Oh come on Penelope you aren't being serious." I get in my car and drive up next to her. "Get in the car I'll drive you home." She ignores me as if she didn't know me. "Penelope please I'm not gonna let you walk to your house, I brought you here and the least I can do is drop you off." She still ignores me. "If I have to bring you inside the car myself, I will."

She looks at me and gets in the back of the car. She looks out the window while I drive her to her house. The awkward silence was killing me and I just had to try and explain to her. "I just want to say that-"

"I'm not in the mood to talk nor listen." She says while her voice quivers. "I-I don't know what to think anymore. My mind is all over the place and I just need time to think to myself. I-I don't think I feel safe near you."

"Ok, I understand." I say with a gentle tone. I knew that if she found out to soon she would be scared of me. The whole ride to her house was silent. You could hear the constant moving of Penelope in the back seat.

As I parked outside her house I quickly tell her, "I'll call you in a bit about your motorcycle. I can tell Dylan to come bring it to you if you want." I look behind to see her holding on to the car door handle. She has a tight grip on it and her hand seems to be shaking and I know that reaction. It's the reaction of someone who's scared. "Yes please." I exhale loudly and see Penelope quickly leave the car and sprint into her house locking the door behind herself.

I wasn't going to give up on her. We've been through this and we'll get through this again. I wasn't going to let her leave now, I knew she felt what I felt and that's all that mattered to me.

(Penelope's Point of View)

I quickly lock the door behind me. My hands were shaking non-stop and I wasn't sure how to make them stop. I walked away from the door and lean back onto my couch.

I had to distract myself but I didn't want to go see Jane because I knew Mabel would ask what was wrong and told me she was right about them. I didn't have my motorcycle to go to my job. So it left me with my only option. Calling Ethan. I dialed his number in hopes he would answer.

"Hello?" He says in a sleepy state. It was still night but I didn't expect him to be asleep at this time.

"I...ugh...I'll call you later. I didn't mean to bother you." I say feeling bad about calling him.

We're silent and I'm about to hang up until I hear his voice. "Penelope!" He says it as if he finally registered my voice. "No don't hang up. What's wrong?"

I'm unsure about what to say. I needed him. "Can you come over?" I say trying not to break down during the call. "As a friend. I need my best friend right now. Please." I say the last word softly knowing I'll break down any second now.

I hang up the call before he could respond to me and place my phone next to me on the couch.

A werewolf.

I laugh at the thought. I must be going crazy. This is all a joke. Yes this is all a joke. Him and that creepy man were joking. But his face when I asked him if he was a werewolf didn't seem like it was a joke. I was dreaming. Any moment now I'll wake up.

After a second I rest my face on my hands and start crying. Letting out the tears that I was trying to hold back. I brought him near Jane. What if she's in danger now? What if he hurts her? I was so stupid to bring him near her. I thought I was actually feeling something for him. I continue sobbing uncontrollably. Why do I feel like this. Like if he betrayed me. I didn't realize I had grown used to his presence on the little bit of days we were together.

A werewolf. How is that even possible. How come I didn't realize something was off about him since the beginning. What if he isn't the only one? What if they're more supernatural creatures out there? What if-

What if Jane is somehow connected to it?

Sorry for the long wait. I was busy these couple of days but I hope you enjoyed the chapter. :)