25. The Video

*IMANI'S POV*

"Hey Leah, can you help me hang these?"  Camile asked holding up some shiny tinsel. Ever since our talk that day she's been trying to extra nice to Leah. And everyday I have to remind Leah to be nice to her. For someone who doesn't want to be my girl she seems jealous as fuck.

"Yea, okay." She said I could hear her uninterested tone.

We were staying after school working on the set up for prom. I'm not gonna lie this shit is a lot more work then I thought it would be.

"Well damn, just leave me then y'all, I'll be fine" I teased.

Camile giggled. "I believe in you Baby, you can handle it." She teased back patting my back before they walked away.

I continued to hang the drapes at the stage. Fuck I hope Leah doesn't say anything stupid. Just last night we got in an argument. Honestly I started it. I didn't mean to, I just asked a simple a question.

She was playing in my hair while we watched Tv. We were watching Moesha. It got to a scene where she had her first kiss. I started thinking about my first kiss. Which of course was Leah.

"Leah what are we doing?" I blurted out

She chuckled. "Ummm watching tv... are you that high?"

I sighed. "No... I mean what are we doing? We're calling each other baby, we're kissing, were fucking.."

She pushed my head away. "Wow. What? you want to stop because you have a girlfriend. Your the one who said we could keep it a secret."

"Damn bae chill. I didn't say that. Shit" I said sitting up.

"Well what did you mean Mani?" She said giving me a look.

"I meant, you know how i feel about you.. and it seems like your feeling me."

"Why can't we just have fun?" She snapped. "It's high school. Wassup with you and relationships?"

I'm not gonna lie. That hurt a little. I didn't expect her to be so defensive.

"Like, I really don't get you Mani. Your fucking both of us. Your getting the best of both worlds."

"I'm cheating on Camile! We both know that shit ain't right" I raised my voice a little. I was getting frustrated. Why is she acting like this?

"I thought you said you didn't want to stop. Make it make sense Mani. And your being extra as fuck, your acting like Camile knows or some shit."

"That's easy for you to say. You don't have to hear her talk about how insecure she's getting. You don't have to constantly lie to her face. Well I guess you do but you don't fucking care so it doesn't bother you."

"If it bothers you then break up with her. It's that fucking simple."

"No. I'm not breaking up with my girlfriend just to be kept a secret what do you not understand about that?"

"what do you not understand about that's your problem?! Stop fucking me then Mani! Damn."

"Is that what you want?!"  I stared at her.

She bit her lip.

"Is that what you want Leah?" I said serious as fuck.

She looked away.

I got on top of her, holding her arms above her head.

She rolled her eyes.

"I told you about that attitude."