3. The Girl

*IMANI's POV*

I was calm all the way to the party. I even pep talked Leah. It's crazy that I had to. It's like she's never seen herself. She's beautiful. She always keep her hair looking cute, her chocolate skin is so pretty... and she a little thick, I love her little belly.

  As soon as we walked into the party my stomach flipped.

I'm not going to be dramatic and say as soon as we entered all eyes were on us. The speakers were blasting so loud I'm sure most  people didn't even know the door opened.

The party was packed. In the living room the dance game was on and there was a crowd of people around the players. There was a big group of people huddled around the couch screaming about their 'never have I ever' game. In the kitchen was beer pong and an ass of food.

We spent so long getting ready my stomach growled just seeing the display.

"You made it, I was starting to think you was playing me earlier." Jamal said coming up to Leah. "Come check this out" he said grabbing her hand.

Leah looked back at me like she didn't want to leave me "no, go ahead I'm starving. Yell if you need me!" I shouted over the music.

I headed to the kitchen. There was chicken nuggets and mini pizza bagels, hotdogs, chips, cake.

I grabbed a plate and started helping myself.

"Oh hey Imani... you looking good"

"Oh, uh.. thank you."

Well this is awkward. It's Nick. He was leaning against the counter with a cup in his hand.

"I didn't know you were coming." He smirked.

I chuckled "me either" I said before dipping a nugget in honey mustard and stuffing it into my mouth.

"You wanna go out to the pool? Everybody's out there dancing and vibing."

I looked down at my plate.

"Oh... yea, duh. Clearly you're tryna eat."

I raised my eyebrows forcing a smile with a full mouth. "Sorry"

He backed up a little probably disgusted by the half chewed nuggets in my mouth.

"Nah, it's cool I'll hit you up later."

I sighed in relief when he walked away.

I watched Leah in the distance. She was being goofy as fuck. It looked like her and Jamal were trying to make some tiktok, dancing to the song that as playing.

I couldn't help but smile. That pink plaid skirt looks so cute on her.

She caught me looking and smiled and waved.

This is a party full of people Imani, don't be weird. I don't want everybody thinking I'm obsessed with my bestfriend.

I looked over into the dining room and saw Jazmine Wyder being cheered on. While half of the football team watched her boyfriend tunnel some beer into her mouth.

Jazmine is one of Yaya's bestfriend. I scanned the room. No Yaya.

I chilled in the kitchen until i finished my plate. Then went outside to explore.

The pool caught my eye. His parents have to be illegally rich. The bottom of their pool changed from magenta to a minty green to a cool blue.

I was so distracted by the pool I didn't even see the lawn chairs all huddled up in one corner.

As soon as I glanced over there my eyes Locked on Yaya.

She was just getting the blunt. She hit it then her eyes met mine. She smiled slowly as the smoke flowed out of her mouth.