17. The Best Friend

*LEAH'S POV*

On the ride home my mom was listing things she cooked for dinner. Meaning we better sit our ass down and eat dinner, and not go straight to my room.

When she said Tao was going to be out with some friends I thought maybe dinner wouldn't be too bad. But of course that was too good to be true. I glared at him as he sat across from me.

"I thought you had somewhere better to be." I said as he flung a fucking pea at me. I swear the boy has the brain of a toddler.

"Why? your girlfriend.. oop, I mean ex doesn't like me?"

"Okay Tao, that's enough, and stop throwing food at your sister" my mom spoke up.

"Throwing food?" My dad asked looking up from his phone.  "Son you too old for that. What you need to be doing is worrying about your grades... how are your grades, actually?"

I giggled and Tao glared.

"Another night with the crazies.. y'all never fail to keep me entertained" Mani laughed.

I saw her reach for the guest room door knob.

"We should study." I said trying to distract her.

She looked at me funny. "We don't take any classes together this semester"

"So! We both take english... I'm sure you have an assignment."

She laughed. "I mean yea I guess... some reading shit.."

"Well, come do that in my room."

She smirked. "Awww you miss me?"

"Shut up, yes I missed my best friend."

I sat crisscross on my bed while Mani laid on her stomach across from me. We had spent like an hour doing work I wasn't even interested in doing.

I kept looking at her but I never caught her looking at me. Just her book and her phone. How interesting could Macbeth be anyway? What happened to her loving spending time with me and wanting to be alone with me?

She finally looked at me.

"Bruh, Camile is tripping."

I rolled my eyes. Damn that's the first thing she says to me?

I giggled it off. "Damn."

"No like... for real. I already told her me and Yaya didn't do nothing and she keep giving me an attitude like we did. Now she talking bout you probably set it up"

I giggled kinda nervously. "Yea, she's tripping."

"Right... like what the fuck? You ain't even like Yaya you wouldn't tell her shit. Anyway... I'm getting sleepy."

She went to get up.

"Mani" I pouted.

"What?"

"Stay in hereeeee."

She sighed "Leah.."

"Let me guess, your gonna tell me your girlfriend wouldn't like it?"

"She wouldn't."

"So! I've been your best friend since elementary school. We've always shared the bed. Nothing happens."

"Yea except the time I fingered you... and the time I ate your pussy..."

"Stop bringing up the past."