13. The Not So Secret

*Imani's POV*

I thought I was big shit after sending that text. I thought, if I own my gayness he couldn't control how I felt.

When I woke up I smiled at Leah in my arms. The alarm went off soon after that and I played it off as she woke up.

"Ughhhh I want to be home schooled" Leah groaned.

I chuckled a little. "It can't be that bad." She looked over at me.

"I really hope your optimism makes a difference." She said sarcastically. She got up and started getting ready.

I checked my phone and froze. I got a message back from Jamal. I guess I didn't expect him to actually reply. I expected a boy with that fragile of masculinity to ignore the message like it was never sent so he wouldn't have to deal with how wack his sex is.

I read his message and swallowed hard

Jamal: bet.

That's all it said. Honestly the fact that it was so short scared the fuck out of me.

"I don't want to show up lookin like a break up." Leah said throwing her sweats back in the closet. "Okay, I'll wear a dress."

I thought about telling her about the message I sent him but, I had a feeling she'd just get mad at me. I'm sure she doesn't want anyone knowing we fucked. Especially not the motherfucker tryna out me.

When we got to school shit was far from normal. Everywhere I went someone was looking at me funny. I was surprised by the amount of girls who actually didn't look disgusted at all.. more interested then anything.

"I guess he told the school." Leah said looking around. "I'm so sorry you got in this"

"Leah..."

"No it's my fault.. if I had just left him alone the first time I found out he cheated, this wouldn't be happening."

"I mean, it's whatever. I'm gay... I couldn't just hide it through high school."

We walked up to her classroom. "Ughhh I don't want to leave you alone."

I smiled a little "I'll be fine. All these people watching me, can't nobody do nothing to me."

She sighed "text me." She said before going into her classroom.

I turned the corner to leave and almost ran into a big ass chest.

It was Denzel from the football team.

He looked down at me with a serious face.

"I seen what you sent to my homeboy."

I swallowed hard.

"What you got to say now?"

"You're in my way. I need to get passed you." I tried to look over him but it seems like the hallway was getting pretty empty. Everybody was already in first period

"Nah, nah... you said you got good mouth.. I'm tryna see what that mouth do."  I was scared out of my fucking mind. The Nigga big as fuck.

I tried to slide to my right and go around him but he slid with me.

"Don't be shy... you weren't last night."

When someone cleared their throat I sighed in relief. He spun around and we both saw my history teacher for 3rd block.

"Class." She said staring at us.

I watched Denzel go left and immediately decided to go right while Mrs.stokes was still in the hall watching us. I don't think she knows she just saved me.